cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequent disconnects

Bobsnoff
I'm here a lot

As the title states. I get frequent disconnects that last from 1-2 minutes. This has been going on

the past month. I have called in to Rogers tech support 4 times. First 2 calls were useless as all they wanted to do was give me a new modem but I would need to sign a new contract. Just ridiculous.

The third call this past Sunday, the tech said there was a problem with the line and would have someone reach out

to schedule an appointment for a tech to come out. I called back today as I have not heard back from anyone at Rogers. I was told there is nothing wrong with the line and no service call was scheduled. I can't believe 4 phone calls and I cannot get this resolved. Looking at the modem log there is a long list of critical events. If someone has any idea how to fix this please let me know.

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: frequent disconnects

DigTV99
I plan to stick around

I've had the same problem since May 23rd.  I've spoken to 3 different Rogers agents and got different answers.  The second agent thought my modem was the problem so a technician came and replaced it.  That did not fix the problem.  The strange thing is that my connection was fine up until recently.

I had an 8 hour outage a few days before the problems started and Rogers sent me an email telling me it was due to a fiber cable being cut.  Unless this is a coincidence, I don't think they completely fixed this problem.

Tiredofshaw
I've been around

I just found this . I have been having this issue since March 25 . I have had 9 techs out to my house and its been an absolute gong show and frustrating . I have spend 14 hours with these techs and another 5 hours on the phone .

My house is new and 1/5 yrs old . They have changed everything in my house 3 times , fittings , end , cables , 3 modems , outside line and now they have nothing left to change and they no longer know what to do . 

The last tech who came was useless and did nothing and left telling me he's talk  to his support and contact me and never heard from him again . The 2 prior techs said they don't think it can be repaired and advised me to go to Telus 

I have spent so much time on the phone with them and its just goes around in circles . I asked to speak to mgmt and all the phone techs have made every excuse as to why I can't or they can't transfer me 

They have offered me 1 month free while they tried to sort it out and now billing says they will no longer offer me any credits and I will have to pay full price for my service that cuts out every day randomly . Billing is like talking to a wall and I asked to try to upgrade my service to a stronger signal to see if that stops the cutting out and they tell me I have to sign for a new 1 yr term and pay the uncharges . The techs want me to try the upgrade because thats the only thing they have tried but billing refuses and says I have to pay and will lose my current pkg more than likely .

This has been so frustrating listening to the tech department trying to get the billing dept to work with them and they wont because the billing mentality is to upsell not help out trying to fix an issue 

Billing refuses the upgrade and is willing to lose me as a client they said and advised me to go to Telus as well .... its mind-blowing . This is why I have asked for a manager and they flat out refuse to put me through and its not just one billing agent . I'm not racist but its their indian culture that is creating the issues because they think I'm trying to get something for free and I'm not I'm just trying to sort out the problem and eliminate where the problem may lay.

I found much more understanding with 2 non indian billing staff and when I ask the indian billing agents to read the notes they don't ...I'm at my end with this company 

They now want to send out another tech ,more than likely a contractor not an actual shaw tech . The shaw techs are very good , the contractors , an indian company are brutal . All they do is come and change the previous techs work then it goes out again after they leave and its back to calling tech who say they'll send another out .I have another appt coming up and I guarantee they won't fix it 

My problems all started the exact day , minute , second I requested to be downgraded and since the minute they did that everything went south . It was fine for 1.5 yrs and then the change and the problems

I'm going to Telus at the end of next week but shaw has been no help and billing has been extremely difficult . I just can't believe they told me I have to pay the full price even if my service is not working ...crazy

Bobsnoff
I'm here a lot

At least you had a tech come out. Today was call 7 with the promise of someone calling me before 6pm to schedule an appointment. Surprise, no one has called. I spoke with level 2 support and was told they are no longer supporting legacy modems. The only way to get a new modem is to get a new contract at a higher price. This is beyond ridiculous. I am paying for a service that doesn't work and there solution is to pay more money What a joke of a company. I will be escalating this up the chain until it is resolved. Its also hilarious that they have a forum. Not to help you. 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation