Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

can't be any more similar
https://streamable.com/3cnye
this is my recording.
all video just start to be slowing right after playing videos.

Highlighted

Hello, Community.

Thank you all for your continued patience; we are looking into alternate ways of collecting the required data to analyze the 4K playback failures. We will keep the Community apprised of the progress as the new information becomes available. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi

I have some more info to share, if other users can also confirm.

I tried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1K2bCg4J8&t=701s

on Chrome, and forced to 4k playback (even if my screen doesn't do 4K) and in stats for nerds, the BUFFER PERFECT. Download speeds of over 100Megs showing on stats for nerds. And this was over Wifi too.

However, when I do the same test on ROKU or my Youtube client on my LG TV, it experiences the issue (Wired, not wireless). I will test on Android TV later. so, @RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can confirm this. I have 1 desktop PC, 2 smart TVs, 1 Playstation 4, 1 Xbox One X. Only the PC can play 4k fine sometimes. All the other devices are having the exact same buffering problem. I can turn on the Stats For Nerds function in the Youtube App on the Xbox One X and it shows the speed limit happens anywhere between 15mbps to 20mbps, which is not enough for 4K streaming. 

Note, I've used one of the smart TVs at my old place when it was absolutely fine with streaming 4K with FibreStream 250mbps internet, so it's not the device issue, nor the app issue.

Highlighted

Hello, 

@test6666 - I did my testing on a desktop and a laptop using Chrome.

@hys17 - Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and for your input regarding this matter. I appreciate your patience while we continue to work to find the solution. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin  Can you make sure that the team focuses mainly on the devices etc Xbox, smart tvs? My problems are also coming from my xbox one x @hys17 . And i'm on a gigabit connection and i've recently also use a 3rd party isp competitor which streams 4k flawless with 1 twentieth the 1gbps i suppose to be getting from rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, @RogersMoin... That explains it. I was also ok using Chrome on Windows.

Please test using tv boxes like Roku, android tv, built in tv YouTube clients.

Thanks,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin @RogersSergio@RogersMargaret @RogersDan@RogersJon You see, this is the ongoing frustrating part that i can't understand from a company that claims and brag and boast about being number 1 meanwhile their customers are very last on the list. Two weeks and no response meanwhile we the customers are suffering everyday from this ongoing problem. @RogersDave was the best thing that ever happen to Rogers and is irreplaceable.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin Wow this is way pass ridiculous! A forum without response and answers!

Highlighted

Hello, @futurelgcy and Community.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience!

We have changed our focus to diagnose the issue on the devices, consoles and stock YouTube apps on Smart TVs as you all have advised. We are exploring avenues of capturing data from these devices for failure analysis.

I'll keep the Community posted when an update becomes available. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin