Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Youtube Download Slowing Down Causing Buffer possible CDN issue

I beleive 1080P is ok, I never really tested it cause once 4K fails, youtube will fail back to HD and works fine. It's 4K content that fails, at least a lot of 4K content once you force it to stay 4K.

I will PM you now if you want more info.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For me, all 4K content eventually fails and 1440@60 is useless as well.  My connection speed starts off fast enough, sometimes hitting over 200,000 Kbps, but it eventually slows down under 10,000 Kbps and my buffer runs out.

So, is this is Rogers' CDN being overloaded, or what?  If you guys can't fix it, at least tell us how to bypass it since the old cache server bypass trick doesn't seem to be working. I have this in Iptables on my Asuswrt router with no success.

-A INPUT -s 173.194.55.0/24 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
-A INPUT -s 206.111.0.0/16 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Force to not use ROGERS CDN will not help.

If you want to test it, you can simply use the URL keyword filter to restrict all URL with "gvbxgn ".

It will stop your internet to connect to any ROGERS CDN.

You can do it from your own router or the official Rogers's modem CODA-4582U.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been suffering from this issue for months and it is 100% Roger's fault. I've tried different company with less than  1/10th the gigabit  plan from rogers and it streams smooth no issue at all. Plug back in rogers then everything goes south. Such a shame and mystery that rogers cannot handle a simple 4k video from youtube even on a gigabit plan. UNACCEPTABLE AND FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! @soupy  @xuelide

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to note, Rogers users also have similar problems with the Microsoft and Sony CDNs as well.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@xuelide wrote:

Force to not use ROGERS CDN will not help.

If you want to test it, you can simply use the URL keyword filter to restrict all URL with "gvbxgn ".

It will stop your internet to connect to any ROGERS CDN.

You can do it from your own router or the official Rogers's modem CODA-4582U.

Thank you for that suggestion.  I have blocked gvbxgn in my router's URL filter, and then tt1e7nel, and had better luck with t1e7nee (10 minutes 2160@30 before buffering.)   I'll block a dozen or so to try and find a good one before giving up. I have discovered if you block more than two, it just cycles between them.

Is Rogers throttling YouTube traffic, then?  Maybe a VPN would work.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It has been 3weeks after I sent my testing result to @RogersMoin and I revises no result.

The problem did not improve any. just want to have some explanation. 

I need help!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the Ignite Gigabit Internet 2 months ago and having the exact same issue. Tried different devices (different TV, different media players including PS4 and Xbox One X). Turns out it's the internet that's causing the lagging on anything above 1080p. Doesn't have the same problem on any other website/services and the same TV used to be able to play Youtube 4K HDR in my previous place with FibreStream (too bad they don't exist in the current area).

Would love to hear any update on this issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can't believe this still isn't fixed, tiny resellers don't have this issue so why does Rogers?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. Can't beleive it either. It's like over 6 monthes now! Don't tell me Rogers doesn't have labs and testing facilities to get their own data! It's very easy to replicate and they can get whatever logs and data they want! Stalling tactics!

Issue still there as of yesterday! Everybody at my place of work who has Rogers also sees issue.