XB7 - IoT Devices Connection Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liangvic
I've Been Here Awhile

XB7 - IoT Devices Connection Issues

I hope someone can help me here...

I switch my old rocket modem to this new Ignite Wifi Gateway (2nd Gen) XB7 (White) Modem.  I've set up my Wifi SSID name the same, and wifi passowrd the same, hoping every devices can be smoothly connected to the new modem.  So it appears laptop, tablets, android-tv box, Echo Show are all working properly, they can all connect to internet with faster speed... EXCEPT the  Ecobee 3 Lite thermostat, Blink outdoor cameras, and D-link cameras, These devices all are able to connect to the wifi/modem, but  somehow have no internet connection.   The Ecobee would tell me that it is connected with Wifi, but have no connection to Ecobee.com (no internet). The Blink cameras would show the connection to Wifi is there, and the sync moudle is also connected with the wifi, but no internet connection, so the Live View is failed to show.  Same thing for my D-link security camera.   So I tried to trouble shoot and typed 10.0.0.1 to go to the setting of the Ignite Wifi Gateway (2nd Gen) XB7 (White) Modem. 

I tired changing some setting like change the firewalls setting to no firewalls, or 

change the name of the wifi SSID and password, and see if these devices will connect to internet , or 

reset the wifi setup in the Ecobee thermostat, and Blink sync module.....

none of these works.  and it puzzles me, as all my laptop and tablets, and smartphone connects to internet no problem. 

Hopefully, someone with the same problem read this post, and kindly share the solution to me. 

Thanks,

Victor

*Added Labels*

Bplayer
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: XB7 - IoT Devices Connection Issues

Power down those the devices that are having connection problems, and also the XB7. Then power them back on and all should be fine.

liangvic
I've Been Here Awhile

upon further investigation...

I changed my 2.4Ghz Wifi SSID name to be different than 5Ghz SSID name, so I can be sure which Wifi I was on.  I was able to use my smart phone to connect with 2.4Ghz, and my smart phone would kept telling me that this has no internet connection.  

At least I figure out that problem lies at the 2.4Ghz Wifi router in this XB7 modem.  I"m gonna call up customer support to see if they can figure out. 

ArthurASA
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey I am having the same issue with the XB7 modern's 2.4G network. All my doorbell, cameras etc are not working. Just wondering did you solve it at last? Was the customer service responstive? Thank you in advance.

liangvic
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, my problem was resolved by calling the customer technical service, and she did a hard reset on her end. Then everything should work.
RogersZia

Hello @ArthurASA,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place! Can you please tell us what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Have you had a chance to speak to our technical support team?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

ArthurASA
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I contact the team today and they did a factory reset. My issue is now gone. Thanks to Jon and Raaven who helped me out.