cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

jelliott0
I've been here awhile

I have been told by one of my device suppliers the unit does not work because of network congestion.

I have the Ignite wifi gateway that supports 2.4 and 5. Rogers support said I will send you a POD to help.

I installed it and using the Rogers Hub App it is working properly.

What I don't know is what a particular device is working on 2.4 or 5. The support person said the POD only works as 5 G. However when I look at App it looks like there is a .24 device connected to the POD so am confused..

Thanks for any help you can provide.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wifi Pods

Greetings @jelliott0!

If you wish to test your speeds, we recommend using www.speedtest.net. We can't recommend any third party apps such as the one you mentioned earlier. 

Testing speeds of individual devices must be done directly from that device, which isn't always possible depending upon what kind of device it is. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersRahul

Greetings @jelliott0,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Ignite WiFi Pods have built-in intelligence to automatically route your connection through the best WiFi access point. They do support both 2.4G and 5G connection. However, your devices will only see one WiFi network name and your modem will automatically select either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network for your device to optimize your WiFi performance.

You can get more information about the Ignite WiFi Pods by clicking here.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
RogersRahul

jelliott0
I've been here awhile

Thank you Rahul. Your response is very much appreciated. Adding the POD has improved the network congestion.

I had incorrectly understood for one of your support personnel that the POD only worked with 5G devices

So your clarification that they support 2.4 and 5 makes sense and the gateway also connects 2.4 and 5 and they are smart enough to connect devices where necessary to provide optimal network traffic . I have used the Ignite WiFi hub  App and it provides where the devices (POD or gateway). It does not show what speeds they are operating at. I am aware of an APP called (RouteThis Helps) that provides upload and download info for a device by. placing Iphone next to the device. What I am not sure of though is what if iPhone is connected to 5G and the device is 2.4.

Thanks you for assistance.

Hello, @jelliott0.

We appreciate the update; it's good to know that your home WiFi network has improved since adding the Pod. 

The purpose of the WiFi Pod is to connect wirelessly with the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem and extend your home network range to the hard-to-reach places in and around your home. So you may not see the optimum speeds on the devices connected to the Pod. 

While we don't recommend installing third-party apps; you can check the speed by going to speedtest.net or rogers.com/speedcheck

Please check this support article to know how much speed you need for different online activities. 

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

jelliott0
I've been here awhile

Thank you Moin.

So what would be the best way to see the speed that is available to a particular device?

I did check the support article but it did not answer my question.

In this case I would like to see what the speed available to a camera that operates with a server over wifi..

I am not sure what you meant by not installing 3rd party apps.

Greetings @jelliott0!

If you wish to test your speeds, we recommend using www.speedtest.net. We can't recommend any third party apps such as the one you mentioned earlier. 

Testing speeds of individual devices must be done directly from that device, which isn't always possible depending upon what kind of device it is. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation