cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Agreement with rogers -Home Office Wifi

Windwang
I'm here a lot

I have a agreement with rogers about the home office wifi, I though of it as a great deal to get for my house but soon later I found out about how awful is the wifi experience I have. I wasn’t satisfied with the wifi and called rogers for cancelling, however they said that I have to pay for the cancellation fee which is 20 dollar a month and multiplies the left over which is like 800 dollar ish. So how can I resolve my problem with roger with the cancellation fee? Because I am not satisfied with the speed of internet so why does it mean that I have to pay the cancellation fee for the agreement if I’m not happy with the internet, it makes the agreement seem to be mandatory and only benefiting rogers.

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Wifi Agreement with rogers -Home Office Wifi

RogersJermaine

Hello @Windwang,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post! We do apologize to hear that you are thinking of cancelling your services due to your experience with the Wi-Fi. We can certainly work with you to see how we can improve the issues you may be having with it.

Are you able to provide some more details on what you are experiencing with the internet connection?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

I have purchase a offer named “home office wifi” and at first the wifi wasn’t great so I thought of maybe because is only 500m but even after I upgraded to gigabits wifi the wifi is still awful. The speed of the wifi is only fast when I stand near the modem, every time I call in to ask about the wifi issue they said is a good speed although I’m keep telling that is really slow when I’m in my bedroom. So when I want to cancel it, it is really inconvenient because of us business wifi so I have to change line again and again, when finally the business part of rogers pick up they said you need to pay 20 dollars mutiily by the rest of the month because the agreement is three years, which is like about 800dollar, so is there anything I can do about this? I’m having a terrible experience of wifi.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It will be WAY cheaper than $800 to invest in a Wi-Fi booster type of device to improve your coverage and make your service more reliable, look into the rogers wifi pods if not, try a third party solution

Then why cant I just cancel the wifi, if i have to spend another 200 more to purchase a wifi pod, it never happens before with the other wifi of rogers. The agreement of using 3 years of awful wifi is ridiculous, although i have a wifi extender it is still not helping, if rogers can charge a cancellation fee of the wifi, then what is the reason that the agreement do not state that people can cancel it because of how laggy it is, the mandatory agreement that only benefits one is awful.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What modem do you have with rogers?  its very likely the 3-year agreement is for your actual business internet account not the wifi.   it might say wifi in the package name but almost always business lines for almost any company have 3 year contracts with very high cancellation fees.   Are you an actual business or just a regular home consumer?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you might be able to have your modem changed for a different model as well.  I doubt the wifi pods cost that much, they are usually rented every month like somewhere between $5 and $10 per month on your monthly bill, no one has ever purchased them

Regular home consumer and the wifi experience is awful

Greetings @Windwang!

Simply upgrading your speeds won't fix this if it's a coverage issue but we do have a solution for coverage.

It honestly sounds like you may need pods. How big is your home? Is the modem in a central location?

I can check the strength of your WiFi connections remotely to get a better picture of what's going on. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation