cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get different SSID for 5G

jaspritsingh
I've been here awhile

I just changed my Rogers Internet Modem (Hitron CGN3) as the old one was dropping connection at least twice a day and support had run out of other ideas.

Now when I setup the new one it said that I will only have 1 SSID and my devices will swtich between them.  I want to have the previous setup where I had 2 ssids. 

When I try renaming the 5G network to Rogers-5G it also renames the 2G one. Can any one help?

*Added Labels*

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Unable to get different SSID for 5G

Nope, don't know why the CGN3s were commanded to run Band Steering while the 4582s weren't.  Maybe the 4582s were overlooked, just a guess.  

I'm working on a response to your ping question.  Should have it finished shortly. 

To turn off the band steering you can go to the ADVANCED tab on the Wireless page. Took me a bit of time to find it.

Mani12345
I'm here a lot

Many posts about splitting SSID into separate 2.4G & 5G are missing to mention that a reboot of router is probably needed on Hitron for disabling & splitting to take effect.

I disabled steering & still couldn't see 2 SSIDs.
Then I rebooted the modem & was able to see 2 names on all my devices.

1.jpg

2.jpg

(For some reason the 2 images I attached don't seem to show after posting. They do show whenever I am editing the post!!!)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mani12345 wrote:  For some reason the 2 images I attached don't seem to show after posting. They do show whenever I am editing the post!!!

As is the case with many forums, images will get approved by a moderator, usually a few minutes after posting.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 13 in conversation