Unable to download

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnsvideo
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to download

I today tried to download several 1 GB files, from a slow download server, and several seconds after starting the download, it fails, all the files do this.  I have had this problem before, about an hour and a half ago I pulled the Incoming Rogers Wire from the Modem, Counted to 10 seconds, and reinstalled it.  That was no help.  This sucks because I need to files to do work on them, and send them back within 2 days. 

The Desktop Computer I am using is Hooked right to the router by ethernet wire.  It is running Windows 10 Pro

***Edited Labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to download

Need a little more information?

Where are you downloading it from? You say work.
But over what? FTP? Or just on a webpage and then clicking on it to save, etc??

Generally as far as i am aware there are no limits, etc in that way.
I pulled a 3gb file recently just fine.
BUT its from another source.

dnsvideo
I've Been Here Awhile

I was downloading from Nitroflare and Turbobit

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

You can try power cycling the modem, but the issue is not likely to be the connection. Try a different browser if it is still a problem?
dnsvideo
I've Been Here Awhile

I think I may have found the problem.  I have 4 Operating systems on my Desktop Computer, they are My daily internet use is Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa Cinnamon, Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS, and Storm.  The OS I was trying to download these files was Windows 10 Pro, the 4th OS on this computer.  After making this post I went to Linux Mint and downloaded these files with no problem.

This is just another reason for me to hate Windows 10, I can add to the other 25 Reasons I hate it.