cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Chinese website

dwqdaniel
I plan to stick around

Everything is fine in Oct. but now it is very very slow, and always keeping loading and never finish.
It seems only happens in Rogers network , because my Fido network is working well
Is there anything wrong?

47 REPLIES 47

Re: Unable to access Chinese website

Thanks for your help..

this is the DNS server I got when I ran ipconfi/all

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5204
                                                2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5198

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

interesting..
Checking mine just now.. i am only showing IPV4 DNS servers..
Perhaps thats why?

YPAN
I've been around

i had the same issue months ago.  fixed by changing a new modem.(well they have to try all the useless diagnose before agreeing the swap.)

it happen again since last week.

called rogers customer service, they really have to do all the testing and diagnose again.

i already told them its the IP address problem, the tech still want me to believe they can change my IP from their end without changing a new modem, what a joke.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@YPAN wrote:

i had the same issue months ago.  fixed by changing a new modem.(well they have to try all the useless diagnose before agreeing the swap.)

it happen again since last week.

called rogers customer service, they really have to do all the testing and diagnose again.

i already told them its the IP address problem, the tech still want me to believe they can change my IP from their end without changing a new modem, what a joke.

It may take some time but Rogers can reset their DHCP servers so that your modem/gateway gets assigned a new IP address.  You can't expect Rogers to send you a new modem every time your IP address gets blocked.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@YPAN :  Would you please provide sample URLs for us to try?

Did you try the tips link outlined in posts 39/40 of this thread?  I was able to get the earlier links working without issue.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  Foreign IP addresses can also get blocked by the Great Firewall.

Topic Stats