cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toronto Downtown Disrupted Internet Service with High Packet Loss

Behesha
I've been around

So until a few days ago, I was a Fido customer but I have been experiencing internet service that is highly degraded for over a month. Customer service could detect this from their end and every technician that came in confirmed this issue was coming up on their tests. Both techs that Fido sent told me, who also work for Rogers, said that if I switch to Rogers and get the ignite modem I should see my service quality improve until some crew could come in to fix the issue.

I am day 2 of my ignite service and I am experiencing even higher packet loss than before. According to various tests, I am running, I am getting between 60-80% packet loss so my internet is basically useless.

I work from home and so I need my internet to work consistently and this issue is now a month old. I asked both technicians when the crews would be coming in to fix my issue, neither could answer my question and told me I basically have to hang tight.

I have no clue what the ticket number for the issue is, if someone will contact me when they have figured it out, nothing. I am expected to just sit in the dark and hope for the best. This is the most horrible customer service I have ever experienced. I need an ETA on when there will be a crew in to fix this problem. I need INFORMATION so I can plan my work schedule and figure out how long I need to find alternative workplace accommodations. 

I'm pretty fed up at this point and supremely frustrated about your techs lying to me and getting me to upgrade to a more expensive service that hasn't improved my level of service at all. If I cannot get my internet restored in a timely manner, can Rogers provide me with a free tethering service so I can use the 5G on my phone plan, also with Rogers, to substitute my home internet in the interim while I await whatever crew is expected to fix the issue in my building?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Toronto Downtown Disrupted Internet Service with High Packet Loss

RogersCorey

Greetings @Behesha!

I am sorry to hear that you've been having ongoing Internet issues. You definitely should have been provided with an Interaction ID or Case ID when your concern was escalated. Don't worry, if you do not have it, I can supply it.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation