cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming (Netflix, YouTube, Prime, Sirius XM Music) won't load

PJMB
I've been here awhile

A few weeks ago, while listening to Sirius XM, it simply stopped with a message "internet cannot be verified".  Since then, Sirius, Netflix, Prime, YouTube all take so long to "buffer", it times out with a message "no internet connection" though when I check the systems all state they are connected to the internet. Everything worked fine at one point and no changes in system were made prior to this issue. I rebooted the TV, sound system  as directed by Rogers to no avail. I have internet to my laptop and I can receive TV but that's all. Is it the controller? 

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Streaming (Netflix, YouTube, Prime, Sirius XM Music) won't load

RogersTony

Hello, @PJMB

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it has been to lose access to all of these services. We definitely want to try to help you get this working. 

• Is this only happening on a specific device in your home or are all devices no longer able to access these services?
  • What type of modem are you using? The make/model of the modem should be printed on the back or the bottom of the modem.
  • Are you subscribed to our Digital TV or Ignite TV service?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

PJMB
I've been here awhile

Tony, not sure my response was sent so i am repeating it here. If you have it already, thank you.

To answer your questions:

• Is this only happening on a specific device in your home or are all devices no longer able to access these services? The answer is mixed. The issues show up on the TV.  Sirius XM is available on my Google Home but not through the sound system (Marantz). Prime & Netflix do not work on devices, Youtube works on iPad but not TV.  Everything did work at one time but just stopped one day. Error messages are "cannot connect to internet: or "internet cannot be verified" although the devices show internet connectivity.   
  • What type of modem are you using? The make/model of the modem should be printed on the back or the bottom of the modem. The modem is one Rogers provided: no name but label states it is anEasyConnect03673, PN CGM4141ROG, and is a canister type
  • Are you subscribed to our Digital TV or Ignite TV service? IGNITE service

...thank you, Pete

Hello again, @PJMB

Thanks so much for those additional details.

Have you tried a factory reset of the Ignite TV modem? You can find the steps listed here: click here. Follow the steps to Reset the modem using the reset button.

You can set up the modem with the Ignite Wi-Fi Hub app using the same Wi-Fi Network Name and Passphrase so all of your devices reconnect automatically.

Please let us know if issues are persistent after the factory reset.

RogersTony

PJMB
I've been here awhile

Tony, I used the hub app to reset the controller and I also temporarily relocated the controller to a spot not on the floor. I also applied and update the the TV. I was able to load Netflix and will consider this issue closed once I am able to watch an entire presentation on Netflix without issue (tonight).  

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation