cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingray Radio and Music Streaming Specifications

tyreman
I plan to stick around

Anybody know the streaming speed for Stingray music provided at Rogers ..one of the three? ....96/160/320 kbps

Also for their Radio stations(ie: 934 classical) on the TV is streaming or speed 96 or 120 kbps

Thanks in advance

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stingray Radio and Music Streaming Specifications

RogersYasmine

Hey there @tyreman,

Thanks for posting your query here in the Community! Music is a huge part of many people's lives, so it's certainly nice to have this bonus service included with your TV package! 😏

Sadly, I could not locate information regarding the speeds used by Stingray for their music streaming services. I'm not sure if anyone else in the Community happens to know these details, but what you can do is try reaching out directly to Stingray. Hopefully, they can help! Here are ways in which they may be contacted:

STINGRAY MUSIC SUPPORT:

Send an Email: musicsupport@stingray.com
Send a message: https://music.stingray.com/en/CA/contact

Best regards,
RogersLaura

This has been posted under the Internet heading, so I'm going to assume you're discussing streaming to devices like tablets, computers, phones, etc.

If you launch the Stingray app or go to the Stingray website and login via a browser on a computer, they have a selection for "settings" (the thing that looks like a gear). There you can choose (Audio Quality) Regular (96 kbps), High (160 kbps) and Maximum (320 kbps).

I do not know what they use if you watch it via a Rogers box, however, on the Stingray channels, they would likely include the video portion, so I'm not sure what the audio only bitrate is, but probably around 100 would be my guess, perhaps the 160..., but I doubt it would be the 320.

As for "radio station" on the Rogers box, I don't know that either, but probably under 100.

tyreman
I plan to stick around

Thanks to all 

My theory about the same 

Even IF you launched the app and changed quality on a phone or tablet it wouldn't increase Rogers speed on their 700 Series Stingray Channels set up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tyreman wrote:

Even IF you launched the app and changed quality on a phone or tablet it wouldn't increase Rogers speed on their 700 Series Stingray Channels set up

Correct. That would be fixed since you can choose different settings on different devices.  I have also found Stingray responsive over the years. Feel free to contact them and make sure you ask about the audio only bitrate, not audio plus video...

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation