cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spamhaus says IP and Domain Registration Blocked

writergal
I plan to stick around

This has been an on-going issue when I'm on Wifi for the past few weeks.  Sometimes I'm able to send/receive emails on Outlook and Apple Mail and other times, I am not.  I have tried restarting my router, changed passwords, etc...I only found out TODAY that it wasn't (or is no longer) an issue from my website host, but either on the Rogers end.  However, they aren't able to remove it.  They asked me to read the link on the Spamhaus but I'm having trouble understanding the (technical) language.  Suggestions?  Thanks.

ETA:  Says I have to turn on SMTP authentication.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do?  

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Spamhaus says IP and Domain Registration Blocked

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Are you using a @rogers.com email address?

writergal
I plan to stick around

No, I'm not.  I'm using my blog email address.  Currently, it's using server info for all incoming and outgoing emails.  I'm apparently supposed to change this to my own URL?  In other words, mail(dot)webaddress.....?  

That may be part of the issue.

To help prevent someone on the rogers network, from say getting malware, etc.. which is used for mass outbound mailing out..
They block out most other outbound SMTP connections.  (I think that most that they DO allow, is sort of automatic ones.. ones where you have to sign in for the authentication on their own interface, like outlook.com, gmail, etc.

What you can do, is on the outbound properties for the account your trying to use, is enter a valid rogers.com email accounts information.
The email will still come back to what your sending from, etc.
Its just using it as a path for outbound.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation