cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower speed on wired connection compared to wireless

khryu
I've been around

I got Ignite 500 Ultd Internet service with Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen2). I noticed significant slower speed on wired connection to the modem with ethernet cable. (On fast.com it shows only less than 400Mbps while wireless connection shows more that 500Mbps.

Please help me get it wired speed better.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Slower speed on wired connection compared to wireless

Orage421
I've been here awhile
Update - I've power cycled the XB7 and moved my Ethernet cable to the 2.5Ghz port on the back and my speeds are back to normal (700-800mbps).

I haven't investigated further it could've been just the power cycle or there's a faulty 1ghz port or it's capped. I might troubleshoot when I have time but for now I'll leave it since it's working fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Your speed is going to depend on many things like
- type of wiring in your house or from modem to computer
- Ethernet card in your wired device

You'll need to provide more information for anyone to diagnose your issue

Orage421
I've been here awhile

I got the XB7 installed yesterday to replace my XB6, especially for the new fanless design.  On wifi, my speeds are faster and more reliable throughout the house, but wired, I went from 600-700mbps with the XB6 to 80mbps on the XB7 on my gaming desktop. I haven't change anything to my network. I have 500u also, with Ignite TV.  This is underwhelming to say the least. 

Orage421
I've been here awhile
Update - I've power cycled the XB7 and moved my Ethernet cable to the 2.5Ghz port on the back and my speeds are back to normal (700-800mbps).

I haven't investigated further it could've been just the power cycle or there's a faulty 1ghz port or it's capped. I might troubleshoot when I have time but for now I'll leave it since it's working fine.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation