cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers routing issue | Cloudflare

prabsun91
I've been here awhile

I use cloudflare as my preffered DNS provider but Rogers isnt routing it to the nearest data centre in Toronto.

The results from 1.1.1.1/help shows that Rogers is routing the traffic to  Chicago data centre and not to the Cloudflare data centre in Toronto. Why ? Below is the screenshot for reference. 

Screenshot from 2020-09-27 11-54-09.png

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers routing issue | Cloudflare

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@prabsun91  Welcome to the Community!

I do not know what could be happening in your case but I am connecting to Cloudflare's Toronto Data Centre.

If you want your DNS queries to stay in Canada, you can either use Rogers' servers (as currently configured, your DNS traffic is not encrypted... so Rogers can still see your queries if they choose to) or you could also use an all-Canadian 3rd-party DNS service, such as CIRA Canadian Shield.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@prabsun91  Welcome to the Community!

I do not know what could be happening in your case but I am connecting to Cloudflare's Toronto Data Centre.

If you want your DNS queries to stay in Canada, you can either use Rogers' servers (as currently configured, your DNS traffic is not encrypted... so Rogers can still see your queries if they choose to) or you could also use an all-Canadian 3rd-party DNS service, such as CIRA Canadian Shield.

prabsun91
I've been here awhile
Thank you for the reply. Yes the problem seemed to be back to normal. It has been routing to the Toronto Cloudflare data centre until yesterday morning. Since yesterday morning it is getting routed to Washington DC (IAD). As a result of this Ping times have tripled to Cloudflare data centre

prabsun91
I've been here awhile
Correction. Its getting routed to IAD (VA) in the US

I also use 1.1.1.1 and noticed that I am being routed to the IAD server instead of YYZ. Can Rogers correct the routing so we can use the closest server?

Julie666
I've been around

Has rogers corrected this issue yet with cloudflare routing to the toronto data center???? Do they affect any programs, as I use many for daytrading and need fast, secure and reliable internet along with no issues that could possible cause issues with my programs. And does cloudflare work well with rogers ignite and my sony google tv?

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation