cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers ignite and Truenas

Quicksilv3r
I've been here awhile

Hey guys, So I'm a current Teksavvy customer, and my wife wants to cut our cable bill as we don't watch as much tv as we used to, so I was on the Rogers website, and found Rogers Ignite with tv for a decent price.

Anyways, I was reading that the wifi modem doesn't play nicely with things like playing with DMZ or opening ports which I use for running Truenas with Newsgroups. I want to know how easy or hard is it to set up bridge mode, so I can continue using my google wifi pods.

I know Teksavvy turns a blind eye to torrents and streams and servers. how is Rogers for that? My Truenas server is for Plex to serve up LEGALLY owned material to family and for me when I'm out of town and I want to watch something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers ignite and Truenas

RogersCorey

Greetings @Quicksilv3r!

You can find our Terms of Service here: https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Rogers-Terms-of-Service-Acceptable-Use-Policy-and-Privacy-Policy-e...

Without limitation, you may not use (or allow anyone else to use) our Services to: operate a server in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, mail, news, file, gopher, telnet, chat, Web, or host configuration servers, multimedia streamers or multi-user interactive forums.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersCorey

Greetings @Quicksilv3r!

You can find our Terms of Service here: https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/Rogers-Terms-of-Service-Acceptable-Use-Policy-and-Privacy-Policy-e...

Without limitation, you may not use (or allow anyone else to use) our Services to: operate a server in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, mail, news, file, gopher, telnet, chat, Web, or host configuration servers, multimedia streamers or multi-user interactive forums.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Quicksilv3r
I've been here awhile
Wow that is terrible. Thanks for the information though.

I use Plex with legitimate music and movies I have ripped over the course of 20+yrs. Plex is a great multimedia streaming platform and it is terrible that Rogers doesn't allow legal streaming. I host a file server for picture and computer backups for my family and use Plex.

It is a shame that Rogers doesn't support people like me who is legally using software and hardware to utilize technology. I also use my server to power my smart home.

Needless to say though, based on your answer, I'm keeping my basic cable and keeping my internet separate with a company that allows more freedom.

It's a shame, I was really hoping to get a better answer as I did want to try Ignite.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation