Rogers Internet Parental Control for Modems/Routers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Internet Parental Control for Modems/Routers

I have a CODA-4582 Router with no options for timed parental controls - all on or all off.  I have gone to the Wireless tab, Access Controls sub menu and put a few devices on as MANAGED and then flicked all MANAGED devices to "Block Listed" and Saved Settings.  Logged out and back in and settings are correct.  The problem is, all of these devices are still getting WIFI??   Why is this happening and what has to be done to actually have a device blocked?  I am using this to turn of my children's devices.  At this point, I am not worried about timed blockage - will be happy with just blockage.

Hey @TeamWIF,

Totally understand the importance of staying on top of parental controls for your home network. I would recommend following the steps outlined by @Datalink in the previous post "here." Once done let us know if this works for you Smiley Happy.

RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you … I have tried this … the device stays on both the list of Connected Devices and the list of Managed Devices (showing as BLOCK LISTED) and remains connected to the Wifi.  Would appreciate any other suggestions!  Have tried blocking on Wireless/Access Control to no avail as well.  Could this have something to do with him being connected to the 5G network?  How do I remove a device from all (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

In addition to this, when I log back in, there is a new MAC Address for the device, but I can't add that MAC address as the device has the same name as the original MAC Address - perhaps a different MAC Address for regular WIFI, 2G and 5G?

Good afternoon @TeamWIF!

If the steps as outlined don't work for you, please try factory resetting your modem and set it back up again from the default settings. 

Let us know if the issue persists after its reset and set up as per the provided instructions.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I recently switched to Rogers and I am trying to figure out the parental control for the CODA-4582U.  I found info on one of the forums and followed it but I am being told that the internet is shutting down from mid afternoon???   I want to only shut it down from 1am to 7 am (teenager don't want her on there all night) I have entered those times (yesterday I changed it to 1:15 to see if it made a difference ...no) I know it is a 24hr clock but I am not entering 13:00hrs.  Can someone please help me without being to technical...lol   Bell was so easy to enter the days and time to block! 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi thank you for the info.  I have made the changes hopefully it works.  Sure would make life easier if the option for Canada Eastern was available instead of trying to guess.  Thanks again.

I've Been Here Awhile

Have been trying all day with my own device nothing is working.

Hello @mic7,

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! =)

As a fellow parent, I can understand how important it is to manage your kid's Internet/screen time especially in the late hours of the night when they should be sleeping!

Parental controls are a great way to do this. While I am not familiar with the exact steps I will definitely tag in some of our Resident Experts who may have a solution for you, @Datalink, @Gdkitty, and @gp-se.

If there are any other users in the Community who are familiar with parental control settings on the modem, do not hesitate to chime in!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community and congrats on your first post! 

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont have that modem to double check.. 

But I believe its by device? So you are entering in the MAC address of HER device?

And yeah if its 24 hr, 1am should be 01:00.  

One thing to check would be what the TIME on the modem itself is showing..  if its say 3 hours behind you,  you will want to adjust your time by that.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi thanks for the help/info. 

Just in case anyone else is having problems (Eastern time) you need to choose Colombia, Eastern Time, Indiana..... same time as Ontario.  Once I changed to this time zone and tested my tablet it worked!! 

Thanks again.