cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps5 Nat open rogers ignite?

Baharis
I've been here awhile

Hi everyone,

I'm a ps5 gamer and having issues achieving nat open connection when using rogers ignite. Does anyone have a guide on how to do this?

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ps5 Nat open rogers ignite?

RogersCorey

Greetings @Baharis!

What NAT type are you getting now? Do you have your own router connected to our modem or are you just using our modem directly? Are you experiencing any issues while gaming online?

If you're on NAT Type 2, then you should be fine. Open NAT would mean that you're directly connected to the Internet without any firewall protection, which I would not personally recommend. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Ps5 Nat open rogers ignite?

Baharis
I've been here awhile

Hi mate, thanks for the response. One thing to clarify, im targeting a NAT one connection on ps5. 

I tried with both the rogers modem ignite - using port forwarding and I recently purchased a tp link ax1800.  

A few weeks ago, with the router in bridge mode, I was able to achieve a nat 1 connection which was amazing as a competitive gamer (NHL). I figured I would buy the router, set the rogers connection to bridge mode and open the router ports. I'm still NAT 2 connection and even more confusing, when I connect the hard wire from the bridged modem to my ps5, it wont detect the connection however, my router does. 

Long story short, I would love the nat 1 connection VIA the tp link AX 1800 which is connected to a bridged rogers modem. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation