cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding doesn't work for specific devices.

Smiley1
I plan to stick around

I'm so sick of this device name approach to port forwarding, the old static IP method was much more seamless and consistent.

Whenever I try to port forward any port for my linux server, the app and website both tell me "There's been a problem". This doesn't happen with any other device.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Port Forwarding doesn't work for specific devices.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Smiley1  The Port Forwarding implementation on the Ignite gateways (XB6 and XB7) is pretty simplistic and even Comcast's customers have been complaining about it for years.  If you can't find a solution for your current issues in these forums, you can also try searching the Xfinity Forums.  Your other option is to enable Bridge Mode on the Ignite gateway and install your own router, one with a more powerful firewall that can better meet your needs.

Smiley1
I plan to stick around

I've found a temporary solution. I've made a script that manually spoofs a specific MAC address for my device, and it shows up as a new device that can be successfully port forwarded. I have suspicions that the issue stems from when I manually added the device and set the reserved IP through the router page. I want to reset everything to factory settings to start fresh, but I'm unsure if it would interfere with my Ignite app and pod setup.

Smiley1
I plan to stick around

I'm finding myself having to make new mac addresses for each tweak to the port forwarding I want to make. This is obviously not sustainable. I might have to cut my losses and just reset everything.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation