cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No services even when the gateway is apparently on.

Sarah23
I've been here awhile

My gateway is lit up solid white, our wifi network appears as an option on all of our devices, in fact, you can even connect to our wifi - the catch - it doesn't work.  For the second time this week, we have no TV, internet or home phone despite everything checking out fine. Apparently signal is great, and we are up and running - only we are far from it. They can't help remotely - and if they tell me to unplug it one more time I'm going to scream - I can't see a tech until tomorrow, so I am screwed (I work from home and reliable internet is a must). 

Since switching to ignite we have had several techs out here, our gateway has been replaced already and still, it's non-stop problems.

If anyone knows how to get our system actually working I am happy to try.

***EDITED LABELS***

1 REPLY 1

Re: No services even when the gateway is apparently on.

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Sarah23!

It is normal for the WiFi to continue to work even when you cannot connect to the Internet. Your WiFi signal is broadcasted locally and will continue to broadcast even if there is no Internet signal. This is what allows a LAN to function.

If your WiFi signal stops working, that's usually a sign that the modem hardware has failed.

We'd be more than happy to take another look into this for you and see if any troubleshooting steps were missed. That said, if our tools show that your service is working and we are unable to get you connected despite our troubleshooting, we may need to send out another tech.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can further assist. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation