Defective modem swap at the store

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Defective modem swap at the store

My cable modem appears to need replacement. It is rented as part of the plan. Appointment I managed to book is quite far out. It was suggested to me to go to the store and swap it. The type of modem I currently have is not being carried by any stores. When I showed up yesterday they basically said that them swapping it would lead to my plan change which is not something I am interested in.

How can I navigate the process/system to do a straight up swap?

*Added Labels*

Re: Defective modem swap at the store

Hello, @abe1231.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. You may be using a discontinued modem; hence, the stores don't have that model. Since you are not interested in changing the plan, it's possible to add a current modem to your account compatible with your plan. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can dive into your account to explore all the options for you. Please check our blog if you require assistance with private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin