cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem sent via UPS won't ship to apartment.

Raymo
I've been here awhile

Recently purchased Rogers internet. I opted to install myself and they sent me a modem via UPS. I got an email the next day from UPS that the address of the recipient (me) was wrong. It was not. I called to clarify the address. Today the same thing happened.

I joined Rogers online chat to request picking up a modem in person from the nearest store. After going through 3 different departments I was told to call UPS. I've already done that.

It was also brought to my attention that an installation was scheduled for "wires" without notifying me. I requested to change the time of the wire installation since it was scheduled while I'd be at work.

Now I am wondering why they would even give me the option to install myself if a Rogers technician HAS to come to my apartment anyway?? If I had known that I would have requested the installation.

Now apparently a technician is coming for the wiring but my modem is missing in action in a UPS truck somewhere. I had to leave work early to make it home in time for the wire installation and I haven't heard anything from the technician yet.

Really regretting my decision to go with Rogers right now. Might have to cancel.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Modem sent via UPS won't ship to apartment.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How do you receive other items shipped via a courier at your apartment building?  Is there a concierge there that could sign for shipments?  If there is no prescribed method to handle couriered items at your apartment, perhaps you should bring that up with your owners?  I doubt a courier would simply leave a package near the entrance like they would at a house...

Re: Modem sent via UPS won't ship to apartment.

Raymo
I've been here awhile
My unit is entered through a courtyard and is street level. There is no buzzer. You literally just walk up to the door which is outside. Amazon leaves packages this way and I have recieved packages from Purolator. This drivers just seems to not want to walk into the courtyard.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation