cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Disconnects

EdH
I plan to stick around

The location should be ALL as all services are being affected, when my modem disconnects I lose it all. Not sure what is going on but I am getting a lot of disconnects lately and according to Rogers, there are no problems in your area. If this is true, then maybe my modem is having an issue? Anyways, tried to contact tech support, hah! No luck there. I tried Anna and when she tried to connect me to an agent, she disconnected chat with a "You're welcome! Glad we could help." or something equally nonsensical.

Anyways, in spite of what the Rogers site says, is anyone else experiencing the odd disconnect lately?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Many Disconnects

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Keep track of the dates and times it happens. It might be an intermittent sync issue that are not as easy to track down. This usually signifies an issue with the line, like notice, or something causing the signal levels of the modem to spike or drop out of range, causing the loss of sync. This can make it easier for support to eventually determine after they monitor the line over a few days, if it happens that often.

EdH
I plan to stick around

There's not much I can do about the disconnects, and it doesn't happen everyday but some days we get more than just one. It happens sometimes in the morning but mostly at night. As for the lag, screen freezes, and other show weirdness, once the network connection corrects itself, I have to unplug the modem/router and TV modules, and turn off the TV(s), wait for a minute, wait for the modem to reconnect, plug in the TV modules and then turn on the TV and the stutters go away. It works well but it's a pain to have to fix that after every disconnect.

Bdor
I'm here a lot

I am having the exact same issue. Multiple disconnects, and they last for very brief moments but they happen often. This has happening as of a couple days ago.

EdH
I plan to stick around

We haven't had any disconnects since Monday, so hopefully all is good, but I may start doing a weekly shutdown just to clear anything that's causing the disconnects. I can't really do anything about issues outside of my property but I can take care of things here to the best of my ability.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation