Latest Modem Firmware

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Latest Modem Firmware

Hello, @falcios.

It's always good to be running the latest firmware; I appreciate your query. What firmware version is your modem running? If it is on 2.0.10.36T6, then that is the last version deployed network-wide. We do have a newer version, 7.1.1.30, it's deployment being done in small batches. We don't have estimated time, but all the CODA-4582s will eventually get the 7 dot version. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RogersMoin for your response.

My modem is currently at 2.0.10.36T6.

The reason I was asking is that my modem keeps dropping connection and I have to unplug it and plug it back in, several times a day. I opened a ticket with support and they informed me that they don't see any issues at their end.

A few years I was having issues with another modem and it was reporting astronomical download usage. I was not using all that data and I couldn't convince Rogers support otherwise. 3 months of going back and forth with support trying to solve the problem. I found a network person and they upgraded the software and the issue was resolved. 

I just checked the modem and the software wasn't updated with the new version. If it is not a glaring issue it seems that the escalation team won't upgrade the software, even then it's not the first thing they attempt to try.

I don't want to go through another 3 months of issue trying to get it resolved.

How can I get the latest version installed? Can you help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

You're most welcome, @falcios. At the moment, we can't install the 7 dot version on request. It will get automatically deployed. I appreciate you reaching out to us in private messages; we can troubleshoot the dropped connection issue there. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

(This post has been merged to this thread)

XB6 Modem Firmware Thread

I recall seeing a firmware thread for the new modem and can't seem to find it now.  Did it get moved?  Perhaps we can make it into a sticky so that people can find this easily.

BTW, what is the latest firmware version for this modem and when did it get rolled out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

(This post has been merged to this thread)

XB6 Modem Firmware Thread

I recall seeing a firmware thread for the new modem and can't seem to find it now.  Did it get moved?  Perhaps we can make it into a sticky so that people can find this easily.

BTW, what is the latest firmware version for this modem and when did it get rolled out?

Thanks

For the XB6, there is this thread in the Ignite TV section.  @RogersGordon  said that they will be rolling out a new version of firmware for the Techniocolor XB6 over the next few weeks but I don't know what that version number is.

Is there any particular problem that you are expecting a fix for?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've owned my CODA-4582 for almost 6 months with firmware 7.1.1.30. I've had a lot of issues, Rogers has had a tech out to my home twice. I just posted a thread about my issues here: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Gigabite-Rogers-Docsis-report-Should-I-have-more-than...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

For the Technicolor CGM4140COM in my house the update took place a couple of days ago.

The version before:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p6s3_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

The version after (now):
eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.0p9s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Any New firmware

System Information

This menu displays general information of the device

Hardware Version 2A
Software Version2.0.10.36T8
I have but is there new trail or new firmware because I am getting disconnecting and also looking parental control for chose time slots not like one slot I am looking to set like time for example 9 to 10 thens again 3 to 6pm slots but this version you can't do so

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How I can get 7. Version can you install 7. Version may be it will solve problem I hope later I can down great if I get more problem new ver am I right
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aminamir at the present time, the current 7.1.1.32 version is only loaded on modems that are registered for the Trial Firmware program.  If you have problems with the cable feed to the modem, a different firmware version or completely different modem type won't make any difference.