cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnecting every night between 2am to 3am EST

Frenchiebong
I've been here awhile

Ever since 2 months or so ago, my internet has been dropping around 2am-3am EST and comes back very shortly. Called rogers and they say that's their regular maintenance hours and is normal. I live in the North York area, anyone experiencing this interruption every night around similar time? 

**Labels Added**

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Internet disconnecting every night between 2am to 3am EST

Frenchiebong
I've been here awhile
Am I the only one that experience this? If it's so then it's Rogers side having issues with my internet stability..

Greetings @Frenchiebong!

How long does the Internet disconnect for and is it happening every single night?

Based on my experience, I would assume this is a localized issue that's unrelated to any kind of maintenance. 

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersCorey  

I'd contact both my condo management services and Rogers to no avail. The last Rogers rep that came told me nothing is wrong with the signal in the condo building and that this is a maintenance that happens every night. I never had this issue 2 months prior and now it's been like this every night. 

KN5
I've been here awhile

I'm currently on an ignite internet plan, and its been pretty much perfect except for at night. At night, I usually do things like stream or be on a video call at around 10pm EST, and the internet (in the whole house) usually disconnects sometime around 2am, give or take a little. After that first disconnect, it always disconnects a couple more times afterwards, which is really annoying for streaming or for work calls. I've already had a technician come and replace the modem and coaxial cable, and I always reset the modem before starting stream. Any ideas on what could be fixed? Is it possible that streaming uses so much bandwidth that it could overload the modem and cause it to disconnect for a bit? (Not even sure if thats possible)

Hello, @KN5.

I appreciate your post, and welcome to our Community!

We have been working with @Frenchiebong on this anomaly you are reporting; hence, we merged your post here. More examples can help us with root cause identification. 

Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can collect the required info. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ACTM
I've been around
Every single night my internet cuts out between 2AM and 3AM. I took pictures of my internet disconnecting every night for a month and offered them as evidence to Rogers to prove that it is happening. They told me they don’t see anything happening so it’s not happening to me. I work from home and sometimes have to stay up during those hours for work related reasons and it’s starting to effect my job. Their suggestion was to call back when it’s happening so they can troubleshoot the problem.

Hello, @ACTM.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing your similar disconnection experience. We want to add your modem to our tracking list so the teams investigating this oddity have more examples. Kindly drop us a line in our private messaging box, @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Mohdhussain
I've been around
I am having the same issue

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, this happened to me too.  In my case, Rogers upgraded the fibre node in my area.  For the next few days after the cut-over, a maintenance crew would arrive in the middle of the night to do follow-on work and if they had to take the node down, it would happen at around 2:00 AM, and this would take the entire neighbourhood down -- or at least every customer that was connected through that node.  (You'll see the gateway's status LED change colour / start flashing.  It could even turn red if your service is completely down.  See here for more info.)  The downtime could be for a few seconds or it could be considerably longer.

Rogers should be able to tell you if the downtime was the due to maintenance work in your area or some other planned service outage.

https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/service-interruptions-and-network-outages-internet-t...

https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/faqs-about-planned-service-outages

WalkOnWater
I've been around

I also live in the North York area, and I've been experiencing home internet disconnects and interruptions at the same time you specified. In fact, my internet just went down an hour ago at 03:10am and I was searching all over the internet using my phone data until I stumbled upon this thread.

When I first moved into the condo the internet was fine for the most part, no interruptions all the way. It was ever since around December last year that something had changed and the internet would get disconnected every night. Perhaps it is their maintenance times, I don't know. But do you seriously need a maintenance every damn day? This should really just be a weekly thing at most.

I am at the end of my rope here. I've suffered in silence for the past 5 months hoping something would change, but it just keeps happening. I tried calling in for support, but after waiting 50 minutes on the line I just gave up.

Every time this happens I wish I could go back to my old ISP FibreStream who were superior in every way possible - from the service to speeds to the uptime. But unfortunately Rogers had trapped my building's management into a 5-year bulk contract locking them in as the sole internet provider (as predatory as they are), so I'm going to have to live with it for another couple of years.

Please Rogers, do something about the interruptions. I am so tired of it.

Good morning @WalkOnWater!

Our maintenance window is between 2-6AM. If you're losing connection temporarily with consistency between those hours it's due to this maintenance window.

As a former night owl, I recognize that 12-4AM is prime gaming time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Jcopps
I've been here awhile
Hello.

I believe I am also having the same issue and live in North York! It seems to be happening to me daily from 4:47-4:49 am. At first I thought it was a problem with my Google home mini. I play sleep sounds that should run all night. But I keep waking up to it being turned off. This did not happen at my old apartment I moved from a week ago. I am also now getting a message that one of my devices is disconnected at that time which is making it all make sense. This is very frustrating! Anyone figure out what the problem is? I don't even know what next steps are.

Joel13
I plan to stick around

Welcome to the club! haha

I have been dealing with this since last May (2022) and I have had 5 equipment swaps to try to ensure that all my devices come back up when the 'maintenance' is over. 

The issue that I have is that when it does happen, in some instances, my devices will come back on and some times, they will not. This is the frustrating part. This includes my doorbell camera for security; which is actually usually how I am notified that there was an outage. I used to have issues during the day, but these seem to have finally been resolved as I'm not loosing my network as often during the day anymore. 

I don't have any solutions as I'm currently working with @RogersCorey and the rest of the team to try to isolate why it is happening, but hopefully there will be enough data collected to establish a pattern or something to see the why it is happening. 

Ideally, I wish that they would simply have maintenance once in a while instead of every single day.

Joel Gallant
photography.joelgallant.ca
vero.co/joelgallant

Jcopps
I've been here awhile
This is exactly how I knew it was happening. My security doorbell notifies me every night/morning that it was disconnected. This is a massive problem.
I'm new to the housing location and have noticed this every night for this first week. I've now clued in that it is the internet and not my Google home app.

Joel13
I plan to stick around

To me that's the frustrating part as well and at the same time, the limitation of connected devices.... we are at the mercy of the network! 

Joel Gallant
vero.co/joelgallant

Sling2
I've been here awhile

Just to confirm, does this mean that there is no solution for this issue?

We are also disconnecting every morning around 5:45 am in Quispamsis, NB.   

Joel13
I plan to stick around

Yes / No! 

That's the easy answer that I have experienced, but basically their system does an update or check and combined with the fact that I had 40+ devices that needed to connect to my network, it would often overload, so I ended up getting my own router. Since I didn't have TV services, it's a straight forward plug into where the router was plugged in and called it a day! So far, over the last 2 weeks, I haven't been having any issues with my devices not reconnecting when the update finished. 

Hope that helps!. 

Joel Gallant
vero.co/joelgallant

Greetings @Sling2!

Thanks for contributing to this thread! 🙌 We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused. I know firsthand how imperative it is to ensure you have a consistent and stable Internet connection, dealing with connectivity drops can become rather frustrating. 

If you're losing connection temporarily with consistency between those hours it's due to our maintenance window between 2AM-6AM. How long does the internet disconnect for? 

We'd be happy to have a gander to see what is going on! Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RogersJo

rsmullin
I've been here awhile
We are also having the same issue. Every night! Can’t tell you just how annoying it is!!!!!

Kfschwende
I've been around
This is happening to us too. Almost every single night somewhere between 2-4 am we lose connection completely. We can’t take it anymore. It resets every smart home device we have, and often wakes up our toddler and baby with flashing lights and beeping from speakers and cameras resetting.
Topic Stats