cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming FaceTime calls do not ring (Ignite Internet / Technicolor gateways)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi!  Have any of you ever experienced problems where incoming FaceTime calls no longer ring, and you do not even see any indication of missed calls either?

This has happened in my family members' homes, with Ignite Internet and Technicolor XB6 and XB7 gateways, after the gateway has been running for a week or so.  The problem goes away when they power-cycle the gateway.  Things work fine for the next several days and then the problem comes back again.  I am not aware of any problems with any other services.  It's only incoming FaceTime calls that suddenly stop ringing; Outgoing FaceTime calls work fine.

I run my XB6 in Bridge Mode and use my own router, and I don't experience any of these issues.

Thanks!

*** Edited Labels ***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Incoming FaceTime calls do not ring (Ignite Internet / Technicolor gateways)

RogersTony

Hello, @-G-

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

We know how popular FaceTime is so we certainly want to look into this for you to find a solution. We have not been able to replicate this on our end but we have escalated this to our support teams to see if they have any similar reports.

Once we have received an update we will update this thread.

RogersTony

Re: Incoming FaceTime calls do not ring (Ignite Internet / Technicolor gateways)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony wrote:

Hello, @-G-

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

We know how popular FaceTime is so we certainly want to look into this for you to find a solution. We have not been able to replicate this on our end but we have escalated this to our support teams to see if they have any similar reports.

Thanks very much, Tony.

Unfortunately, I do not have any specific steps-to-reproduce for this issue.  It's also possible that the problem might actually be just with the one XB7 gateway that is in the family.

The network in my own home, running on my own equipment, has been absolutely stable all this time.  As a next step, I will disable Bridge Mode on my XB6, run off of it for a while and note any anomalies that I run into into.  If I start to see this same problem in my own home, I will contact you and we can troubleshoot this further.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation