cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi App not recognizing connection status of LAN devices

internet_user1
I've been here awhile

i have noticed that all my WiFi-connected devices are listed as connected and i can actively manage them using Ignite app however, none of my LAN connected devices shows as "Connected" within the app and i can not manage them.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: ignite wifi App do not recognize connection status of LAN devices

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@internet_user1 wrote:

i have noticed that all my WiFi-connected devices are listed as connected and i can actively manage them using Ignite app however, none of my LAN connected devices shows as "Connected" within the app and i can not manage them.

The Ignite Gateways have some device management quirks.  Do those problematic devices happen to have static IP addresses?  If devices do not use DHCP, the Ignite Gateway usually will not see them as connected.  You can try assigning them a reserved IP address in DHCP... but they may actually need to use DHCP for them to show up in a Connected state in the app.

internet_user1
I've been here awhile

this is interesting because I do not use any static IP on any devices including all such problematic devices, using DHCP from the router is the easy way out. I have noticed when the device boots up it shows up for a few minutes but later appears as "Not Connected"

I am almost wondering if there is any way around this coz in my case unless the device is connected via WiFi it does not show up as Connected. i wonder if my own personal router can replace Rogers? do they allow it?

Greetings @internet_user1!

Yes! You can always opt to bridge your own router to our modem. Do keep in mind however that we cannot offer you direct support for any issues you may encounter with your router while bridged. 

You would have to directly connect to our modem to eliminate any possibility that a potential issue is being caused by your router before we could offer troubleshooting support.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation