cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Gateway Gen2 XB7 modem keeps disconnecting randomly

I've been here awhile

Just upgraded to the latest Rogers offering, plus got a new aerial incoming cable, and the modem keeps disconnecting and reconnecting a few times per hour.

Connection goes down, and immediately starts reconnecting, generating a disconnection of about a minute or less.

Moved the modem to plug it directly from the incoming coax. No connectors, splitters or extensions in the line.

Called a tech. He replaced the modem, the modem coax connector and the connectors on the box outside the house where the incoming aerial cable comes in.

Is there anything else to try, besides insisting they change again the aerial cable coming into the house?

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ignite Gateway Gen2 XB7 modem keeps disconnecting randomly

I've been here awhile

This is just the last hour or so.

Screenshot from 2023-05-24 15-18-28.pngScreenshot from 2023-05-24 15-18-09.pngScreenshot from 2023-05-24 15-17-54.pngScreenshot from 2023-05-24 15-17-34.pngScreenshot from 2023-05-24 15-16-48.png

Greetings @321321321,

We appreciate you posting your concern on our community forums, and we do hope to work with you to reach a resolution. I am glad to hear that we have had our technicians on site to investigate this for you and that they have replaced some of the hardware in an effort to get this fixed. 

With all that has been accomplished, if you are still experiencing intermittent drops with your connection, we would need to take a closer look and run some further tests to see if we can help isolate the problem. Send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can further investigate. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

Hi.

The technician that came yesterday (4th one) worked on the far end of the new drop and things are a lot more stable.

Will get back here if the issue persists.

Thanks

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation