cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGNITE - Internet drops on 5GHZ in 500 sq-ft area.

mnauman
I've been here awhile

Worst of services, internet keep dropping on 5Ghz. Am dead tired of tech coming and going, Everytime they will replace the modem and now the manager tells me to buy my own router to get things working. WOW.  So irritated  I am. If someone knows how to speak to the office of president? Please advise.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: IGNITE - Internet drops on 5GHZ in 500 sq-ft area.

RogersRahul

Greetings @mnauman

Disconnects can be frustrating especially when you depend on a constant connection. We'd like a chance to investigate this for you to see what's happening.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

LindsayBats
I've been here awhile

Just got the service a week and a few days ago - same issue. We had tech out - he removed something outside the house but I had the old Rogers service - same speed - and now any online gaming is useless - unplayable and the ignite service is brutal - constant dropped packets - dropped connections and all on the 5g band. 

Greetings @LindsayBats!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how inconvenient it is to lose connection even for a short period of time. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

We'll just need some more information to get started.

- Is this happening on all devices at the same time?
- How long does it take for the connection to be restored, does it require any action on your end?
- Is this happening in any particular area in the home more than others?
- Are you using any third-party router or mesh network?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

LindsayBats
I've been here awhile

This only happens with the PS5. We had a tech out and they removed something from outside the home that he said would clean up the signal and it did but I still can't use the PS5 online. The packet drops are constant and the the previous service I had with Rogers I was online and had no issues ever.  This has made the online gaming from the Ps5 useless now. It's unplayable. It's directly below the Modem. (one floor - same as it was with the other modem\router.) I have no other netgear in the middle. I've also create a DMZ for the IP of the Playstation 5 and that hasn't done anything either. I'm at a loss - is there a better service with Ignite than the 150MB I am using now? Is there a better router? 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation