cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Mesh WiFi6 as Main Router

Mathrania
I've been here awhile

Hi,
I have a WiFi Gateway (XB6) Rogers ignite Router. I recently bought 3 pack Linksys AX4200 WiFi6 mesh routers. Is it possible that I can use Linksys WiFi6 as the main router (Bestbuy Sales person told me so)? The Rogers router needs to be in bridge mode and that should connect to my main Linksys router by ethernet. Can someone provide me steps to do this please? Appreciate the help 🙂

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Use Mesh WiFi6 as Main Router

Mathrania
I've been here awhile
Thank you everyone your help. It was a really simple process to change rogers router to bridge mode. Making Linksys velop as the parent router and other 2 as a child node was easy as well. The download speeds are now faster on my mobile. On my Galaxy Z fold 2, on wifi 6, i get upto 750 Mbps download.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome @Mathrania!

I personally don't have any experience with this LInksys equipment and I can only offer direct support for Rogers equipment.

Does anyone in our community have experience with this that might be able to offer some insight?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Mathrania
I've been here awhile
Thanks Corey, i will try to get some help from Linksys community, but your help for Rogers equipment would be appreciated.

mattymac79
I've been here awhile
This is how you put your Rogers modem/router into bridge mode.
https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/how-to-bridge-your-rogers-ignite-modem?s=09

Mathrania
I've been here awhile
Thank you everyone your help. It was a really simple process to change rogers router to bridge mode. Making Linksys velop as the parent router and other 2 as a child node was easy as well. The download speeds are now faster on my mobile. On my Galaxy Z fold 2, on wifi 6, i get upto 750 Mbps download.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation