cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CODA-4582 bridge mode and deco mesh router

Byrd
I'm here a lot

To get the internet running do i set my modem into bridge mode and then have only 1 line attached from my modem to my router so it assigns the IP exclusively to the modem? Is there anything else i am missing, my deco asks if it's in dynamic IP or PPPOE credentials mode as well as a few others. Just want to know whats the best way to get my network running.

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hitron CODA-4582 bridge mode and deco mesh router

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome @Byrd!

The Access Point or Bridged mode is the recommended configuration but if you wish to maintain the Deco app features, you need to use the Ignite Gateway in Bridge Mode activity instead.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed so that I can provide you with some instructions.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hey Corey,
Are you saying Access point mode is recommended way of using deco? So far having deco manage my wireless has been flawless and i don't have DHCP leasing issues like i did with the modem.

I'd prefer to put the Ignite Gateway into bridge mode, since as of right now i am unable to port forward because i have two routers essentially. One is the ignite gateway, and the other is my deco. So i have issues with joining online games cause my NAT is moderate.

If you can recommend the best setup to managing this, that would be greatly helpful. Since I don't want to use two routers to manage ports

Understood @Byrd!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that I can arrange to email you the pertinent instructions. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've been around

Hi,

I'm also interested in receiving instructions re the Hitron CODA-4582 so I can maintain the Deco app features, could you let me know what you need from me.

Thank you

eyad64
I've been around

I am also interesting to receive instruction to fix my Deco M9 plus with rogers XB6 modem/routers 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation