cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting less than 100Mbps on Gigabit Package

pentel
I've been here awhile

I am getting less than 100Mbps on Gigabit package since from at least the end of March. I tried various devices that support Gigabit Ethernet but i consistently getting no more than 100Mbps. It used to be good before.

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Getting less than 100Mbps on Gigabit Package

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pentel  Which Rogers modem do you have and how are you connecting to it?  Do you have a wired Ethernet connection in the path that is only running at 100 Mb/s?

pentel
I've been here awhile

thanks for the quick reply! i contacted tech support and the problem got resolved by connecting to a different port on the modem. that's strange.  the modem only negotiated 100Mbps with the connected device.

but then i connected back to the original port (instead of the new port), it now connects as 1Gbps device again.

anyway, problem solved and it works again.. thanks.. it looks like lost the high speed for quite a while too.. and it seems 100Mbps fits my need lol

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pentel wrote:

thanks for the quick reply! i contacted tech support and the problem got resolved by connecting to a different port on the modem. that's strange.  the modem only negotiated 100Mbps with the connected device.

No problem!  100Mb/s is a very notable speed and it would be extremely unlikely for (what should be) a Gigabit-speed connection to consistently max out at that rate for any other reason.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation