cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanded Fibre Network

GCS2024
I've been here awhile

There is currently a fibre network expansion happing in the north west corner of Norfolk county. The area south of Tillsonburg over towards Courtland. In talking to the sub-contracted install company I am les to believe there is no plan to come up Bell Mill Sideroad past about a dozen high end homes, leaving us without a good internet option. Any idea who I can talk to at Rogers to discuss the situation and area needs. Currently I won’t use the local Rogers wireless internet services due to performance and limitations but would gladly switch to a fibre option, given a choice. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Expanded Fibre Network

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The frustrating thing about FTTH Internet is that EVERYBODY wants it and there will always be somebody who will be literally right next door to where fibre Internet stops.

The Ontario government has a map of areas that already have high-speed (50 Mbps or faster) Internet service available and areas where future expansions are either funded or pending: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-connects-making-high-speed-internet-accessible-in-every-communit...

Hopefully, your area will get served soon.  Otherwise, until then, your best options are probably either Starlink (you can now buy dishes at Costco) or a wireless Internet service from a cellular carrier.

GCS2024
I've been here awhile

While I appreciate the response, I’m a Roger’s customer and would really love to speak with someone at Rogers, but asI’m sure you are aware, getting contact with a human at Rogers is next to impossible. If you can offer any guideance in that regard, I’m all ears.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are a few other things that you can try:

Call the Contact Us toll-free number on the following page and ask whether any network upgrade-related construction is planned in your area: https://www.rogers.com/network-enhancement

Send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask them to check the construction schedules that they have access to.

Contact your municipality to see whether any service providers have applied for permits to dig/trench/bore to bring fibre to your street.

You can also enter your address on the Ontario Government site to find out whether any service providers are planning to bring Fibre Internet to your area.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation