cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connection using Ignite Pods 2.

Lar
I've been here awhile

Not sure if anyone else has asked this question but here goes.  I have a wired connection to my Ignite hub using one Ignite Pod.  On the admin page the DHCP server is providing IP's on the 10.0.0.1 subnet.  When I hard wire my computer to a port on one of the pods I get a 192.168.2. whatever IP.  There is no way to change that subnet on the ethernet ports.  So I went and bought an extender to try and see if i can get the same subnet as the WIFI network.  Did not work and I still get a 192.168.2.whatever IP.  I cannot ping or communicate with any devices on the wifi network when I use the ports.  Rogers tech support could not help me either.  I guess my question is why two seperate subnets on the PODs and how can I fix this?  I guess I could change the subnet on the DHCP server and see if that works.  Any help would be appreciated.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ethernet connection using Ignite Pods 2.

Lar
I've been here awhile

Hi thank you for your reply.  It was indeed a problem with two DHCP servers.  I have a bell fibe internet service which I plan to remove.  Turns out my son decided to hook the Rogers box up to the bell fibe box.  Once I took out the network cables and cleared the IP setting it worked.   Thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lar  That is strange and very unexpected.  Do you have any network connectivity, even Internet connectivity when Ethernet-connected to the Pod?

If that is a Windows PC that you are using, open a Command Prompt window and issue the "ipconfig /all" command, and then "arp -a" to view the MAC addresses that are associated with the IP address that you see. Are the MAC addresses of the Default Gateway and DHCP Server IP address actually the Pod or some other device that has a running DHCP server on the network?

I don't have Pods, so I cannot test this, but I'm pretty sure that we have people in the Community who have successfully Ethernet-connected old printers to a Pod, printers that they could not connect via Wi-Fi.

Lar
I've been here awhile

Hi thank you for your reply.  It was indeed a problem with two DHCP servers.  I have a bell fibe internet service which I plan to remove.  Turns out my son decided to hook the Rogers box up to the bell fibe box.  Once I took out the network cables and cleared the IP setting it worked.   Thanks again!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation