Edit WI-FI Configuration on Ignite Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSHW
I've Been Here Awhile

Edit WI-FI Configuration on Ignite Router

I am trying to manage the wifi configuration settings on my Rogers Ignite Router and all settings are locked.  There is a message at top of screen stating: 

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage.

Any idea how to stop this "automatic management" and unlock ability to modify settings?

***Edited Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Edit WI-FI Configuration on Ignite Router

@DSHW  Please see the explanation that I posted in another thread: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/How-to-set-wifi-channel-on-Technicolor-XB6/m-p/46590...

As far as I know, the only way to regain full control over your WiFi settings is to sign out of (and stop using) the Ignite WiFi Hub web and mobile apps, disconnect your Ignite WiFi Pods, perform a factory reset on your Ignite Gateway and set the gateway up from scratch using a web browser on your computer.

DSHW
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response.. I was worried this would be the case.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DSHW  When you have Pods installed, having all Wi-Fi channels automatically managed isn't necessarily bad.  However, I understand the frustration of not having any visibility into what the system is doing or how well things are working.