cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Ethernet Connection - Wake from Sleep XB6

rookadahooka
I've been here awhile
I recently just got this modem and it seems that when connected to ethernet the computer will take about 30 secs to connect from a sleep state.  Is there a fix for this?  Pretty annoying when you use sleep for instant on access.  I noticed when searching my model it comes up on comcast and Shaw forums as a current issue.

Firmware below:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name:CGM4140COM_4.4p8s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services:CGM4140COM
Packet Cable:2.0

***Edited Labels***
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Delayed Ethernet Connection - Wake from Sleep XB6

rookadahooka
I've been here awhile

This was fixed for me with the latest firmware update CGM4140COM_4.6p9s1_PROD_sey

Just a heads up for anyone who was having to wait 30 seconds to connect from waking up. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

So what is going into sleep state? The VB6 modem? Never heard of a modem going into sleep state.

rookadahooka
I've been here awhile

My PC going too sleep and coming from wake up.  It takes about 20-30 seconds to pick up the connection where it should be instant.   This is only apparent on ethernet connection and specific to to the CGM4140COM as my Netgear R7000 does not experience this issue.   Here's a link to users experiencing the same issue with a similar model from comcast:

Delayed Ethernet Connection - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 3394865

bestjsg1
I plan to stick around

@rookadahooka  I have a similar experience in the past 2 days after using the Wifi from the XB6 modem for over 20 days, all my devices that 'slept' / airplane mode overnight, cannot connect back to the wifi ssids even though they show up on the phone but just can't click on them to connect.  For these 2 days, I tried plugging in R7000 to the modem , NOT bridge mode and it seems to allow me to connect again.

Last night I finally got a chance to set the XB6 to bridge mode and now only using the old trusted R7000 w/freshtomato.  It seems ok so far with 2 zooms going at the same time right now.

rookadahooka
I've been here awhile

This was fixed for me with the latest firmware update CGM4140COM_4.6p9s1_PROD_sey

Just a heads up for anyone who was having to wait 30 seconds to connect from waking up. 

bestjsg1
I plan to stick around
@rookadahooka thanks, does the modem firmware get pushed and updated automatically or do I have to do something to get it ? I have since been using bridge mode and my own router.

Mine says this under Rogers Network

Download Version:Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation