cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOCSIS 3.1 Modems

rayray519
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers offer a cable modem/router that supports DOCSIS 3.1, and will work with the Ignite Internet service and allow customers:

-The ability to disable DHCP

-The ability to disable IPv6

Thanks,

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: DOCSIS 3.1 Modems

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rayray519  Rogers only offers the XB6 gateway on Ignite Internet.  You cannot disable DHCP or disable IPv6 on the XB6, but you can enable Bridge Mode and use your own router.

rayray519
I plan to stick around
Is there a different type of service which similar Ignite speeds that offers a customer the ability to disable those features? I am looking at the Firewalla Blue Plus device, but XB6 modems don't play well with it.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rayray519  I am not familiar with Firewalla's products and checked their web site.  Their Router Compatibility page lists the XB6 as "Not Compatible" (LIMIT-DHCP) but they also have a support page that offers some tips on how to get their products partially-working with the XB6.

If you really need to use the Firewalla Blue Plus device in your home network, your other option is to connect it to a compatible router and enable Bridge Mode on the XB6.

krotki
I'm here a lot

Hi,
Is possible to change DNS in the XB7 modem ?
Is there a option to disable IPv6 ?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@krotki wrote:
Hi,
Is possible to change DNS in that modem ?
Is there a option to disable IPv6 ?

Hi!  It is not possible to do either on the XB6 gateway.  I don't have an XB7 to test with but I believe that its configuration options are almost identical.

krotki
I'm here a lot
I know it's not possible with xb6, I'm not sure about xb7, more important to me is option to disable IPv6 than changing DNS, I'm using Hitron coda 4582 right now and there is option to disable IPv6 and change DNS...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@krotki wrote:
I know it's not possible with xb6, I'm not sure about xb7, more important to me is option to disable IPv6 than changing DNS, I'm using Hitron coda 4582 right now and there is option to disable IPv6 and change DNS...

Sorry.  I assumed that you had just received a new XB7 gateway and were looking for a way to make these configuration changes.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation