Connecting to Discord gives error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cncp
I'm Here A Lot

Connecting to Discord gives error

Trying to connect to discord and it gives an error message of ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. It says it's not secure and both Brave and Chrome browsers say 'the connection is not private'.
It is saying that the website is sendin back invalid credentials. When I click on Not Secure in the address bar, a certificate pops up that says the issuer is cnrbacc@rci.rogers.com.
Can anyone help me figure out what this is and how to fix it? Discord is uninstalled and can't even get to the site to reinstall it.
What do I do? Is this a Rogers issue or a Discord issue? No idea here and son wants to chat with his friends. Thanks

***Added Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Connecting to Discord gives error

@cncp wrote:
Trying to connect to discord and it gives an error message of ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. It says it's not secure and both Brave and Chrome browsers say 'the connection is not private'.
It is saying that the website is sendin back invalid credentials. When I click on Not Secure in the address bar, a certificate pops up that says the issuer is cnrbacc@rci.rogers.com.
Can anyone help me figure out what this is and how to fix it? Discord is uninstalled and can't even get to the site to reinstall it.
What do I do? Is this a Rogers issue or a Discord issue? No idea here and son wants to chat with his friends. Thanks

I don't see that.  When I connect, Discord is secured with an SSL cert issued by Cloudflare.  Do you have some Rogers security service enabled that is intercepting and inspecting encrypted traffic by basically doing a "man in the middle" attack?