cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arris XB6 Reseting the video resolution

dalsprss1
I've been around

i have just had a new install and when I try to connect to the wifi from my computer the computer resolution resets to 640 X 400 70 hz and I lose my screen. I tried connecting to my tv and same thing happened so it is not my monitor. I can connect to my phone hotspot and my previous internet provider with no issues so do not believe it is my computer. Scenario is this, I search for wifi connections and select the rogers wifi on the above modem. Enter the password or connect with the button on the modem. I get connecting and then lose my screen.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Arris XB6 Reseting the video resolution

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dalsprss1 wrote:

i have just had a new install and when I try to connect to the wifi from my computer the computer resolution resets to 640 X 400 70 hz and I lose my screen. I tried connecting to my tv and same thing happened so it is not my monitor. I can connect to my phone hotspot and my previous internet provider with no issues so do not believe it is my computer. Scenario is this, I search for wifi connections and select the rogers wifi on the above modem. Enter the password or connect with the button on the modem. I get connecting and then lose my screen.

Is this a fairly new computer with a new WiFi chipset?  There have been reports of WiFi on the Ignite gateway resetting when some computers (with incompatible WiFi drivers/chipsets) connect.  It might potentially even be Bluetooth-related.  What you are reporting is something new to me, but likely still due to a low-level chipset/driver issue on the computer itself.  However, I'm not sure what the exact external trigger is.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation