cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5GB WAN Port on XB8

jasonreg
I'm here a lot

Hi - super quick question (I hope).  I have upgraded to 1.5GB service but I cannot find any description of the ports on the XB8 modem the Rogers tech installed.  I am planning on bridging the modem and using a new 2.5GB capable router (TBD) but need to know what I am working with port-wise.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2.5GB WAN Port on XB8

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jasonreg wrote:

Hi - super quick question (I hope).  I have upgraded to 1.5GB service but I cannot find any description of the ports on the XB8 modem the Rogers tech installed.  I am planning on bridging the modem and using a new 2.5GB capable router (TBD) but need to know what I am working with port-wise.

The XB8 gateway has four LAN ports, which are outlined in yellow.  LAN ports 1-3 are1 Gigabit Ethernet ports; port 4 (with a red line next to it) is a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.

The other ports are telephone jacks, used for Ignite Home Phone, and a USB C port, which is not used, and was added by Comcast for connectivity to future peripherals that (as far as I know) have not been released yet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

redstonemason
I've been here awhile
Sorry I cannot help with the 2.5Gbit X8. But a pfSense based router from Negate or the free Community Edition of pfSense from Negate is awesome if you want to build your own router with some basic motherboard,CPU and newer NIC cards that do 10Gbit.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jasonreg wrote:

The XB8 gateway has four LAN ports, which are outlined in yellow.  LAN ports 1-3 are1 Gigabit Ethernet ports; port 4 (with a red line next to it) is a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port.

The other ports are telephone jacks, used for Ignite Home Phone, and a USB C port, which is not used, and was added by Comcast for connectivity to future peripherals that (as far as I know) have not been released yet.

jasonreg
I'm here a lot

Perfect - exactly the info I was looking for.  Many thanks and Nappy New Year!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation