cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firestick

kenunny
I've been around

I cannot get ignite tv app to stream video content when using Firestick.  The app functions right up to choosing program to watch.  I get a message to disconnect HDMI, but the Firestick is using HDMI. How do I get this to function properly

ken

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: firestick

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How did you get the Ignite TV app on your Fire TV Stick?

Comcast has a beta version of their Xfinity Stream app for Fire TV but as far as I know, Rogers has only supports their Ignite TV app on Android and iOS mobile devices.  You might find some occasional references to the app working on Kindle (and possibly other platforms) but as far as I know, this came from boilerplate Comcast content that should have been edited out.

CloudAngelo
I've been around

Fire Stick is based on Android OS

@CloudAngelo wrote:

Fire Stick is based on Android OS

Yes, but Fire OS is different, and its DRM support is different.  If you try to sideload the Ignite TV app for Android onto an Amazon device, it will kinda sorta run but will fail as soon as you try to play any protected content.

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

A Rogers rep gave me instructions to sideload the app using  a couple of different methods.  But don't bother trying.  I can get it installed but gives an error when trying to watch anything.  Rogers is really missing the boat on this.  Truly disappointing that Rogers doesn't seem to care about this experience!

goaliebrent
I plan to stick around

In my opinion this is a weakness of the Rogers product.  The TV viewing when at home is fine.  But the remote connectivity is lacking.  I can't even watch live some channels.  Casting doesn't work as well as a native app running on the Firestick.  I've read that Rogers has said they are working on it, but those comments are 2 years old, so I'm not holding my breath.

bobroberts21
I've been here awhile

According to Videotron, their "Helix" service (which uses the same Xfinity Comcast hardware and is equivalent to Rogers Ignite) offers a Firestick compatible app (see https://videotron.com/en/support/applications/mobile/helix-tv/amazon-fire).  
Even Shaw cable (which also uses the same IPTV hardware) has an Amazon Firestick app. 
Why Rogers does not yet offer a streaming app for Firestick, GoogleTV or ROKU in 2022 is beyond comprehension.

Any update on when it will be possible to cast the Ignite app to a Firestick????The Ignite app is not even available on the appstore for the Firestick.. At least casting should be available like every other app.

Gail77
I've been here awhile
I can’t get the app other Gezzzzz bout all u really get free is Pluto tv money money. So I’ve now signed in on my iPhone I’ll let cha know. I had bell ignite tv no problem so every channel I had. Worked right off my fire stick

Gail77
I've been here awhile
Xfinity cost money. I’m now registered so let’s see what happens

Tony4me
I've been here awhile
Rogers bought SHAW. Shaw already had an app that works on the firestick. Shaw and Rogers have exactly the same iptv tech. Rogers need to roll out their app or make the Shaw app available to Rogers customers
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation