cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant fast forward or rewind when you watch movies tv series

archer57
I've been around

i watch alot of streaming sites..Ignite has a issue that needs to be addressed say i watch a movie and forgot to stop..you cannot REWIND or FAST FORWARD from where you left off or restart the movie or series...what a bummer that is..why would you design a streaming site like that..i hardly go to ignite now because that is rediculious...NO streaming site i watch does this just ignite..you really need to add the FAST FOWARD or REWIND feature into this streaming site..it doesnt make me want to watch IGNITE much i cant tell you how many times i got up not knowing when i first started streaming IGNITE that you EXCLUDED those features which you need i can go on my tv and rewind a show or movie regular TV but ignite forget it u either let it finish and you have to start from beginning not something i want to do for losing a few minutes because i forgot to click stop..please add these 2 features ..lousy design for a streaming site..my opinion of IGNITE TV streaming site..sorry but this suks bigtime. not happy with IGNITE regarding F.F and Rewind features.

*Added Labels*

18 REPLIES 18

Re: cant fast forward or rewind when you watch movies tv series

RogersTony

Hello, @archer57 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely want to look into this for you. Are you watching live TV or on demand content?

Live TV you would not be able to rewind or fast forward via the app or website. If you are watching on demand or recorded content, you should be able to use the slider at the bottom of the screen to move back and forward.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

We have a similar problem that just started March 12/24... cannot fast forward nor rewind any recording on CBC. All other station recordings work fine. why?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bdgiles : Are you talking about a recording of a programme that you actually made?  There should be no issues with FF or REW such a recording on the IngiteTV STB.

If you're talking about streaming something on demand or via the restart function (either via the box or via a device like a tablet, phone or computer) then that will, and can, differ and may not offer FF or REW functionality. 

This depends on the channel/broadcaster and what rights they grant the customer.   For example, a premium channel like Crave will allow FF and REW on all programming, including OD for example.  However, some channels may not allow such functionality and it will depend on the channel and also how/when it is being viewed.

Please provide us with the exact details of how you are watching and the device(s) involved.

P.S. I just checked my recent recordings of 22 Minutes, Son of a Critch, MarketPlace and Nature of Things and they all allow FF & REW.

Johnnyr1
I've been here awhile

I have the same problem. I record Coronation Street every night from CBC, and for the first time ever I cannot fast forward or rewind last night's show.

dosborne
I've been here awhile
Same issue here. We always record CBC Ottawa News at 6pm then fast forward through it later in the evening to scan for relevant stories. Can no longer skip forward just to catch the weather or skip over items of no interest. Ridiculous.

We are experiencing the same thing with our recoded shows from CBC, since yesterday we cannot FF or rewind any shows IE: Coronation Street and Family Feud

hmm, strange. Try do to a system reboot/refresh using the Home Connect app or via the STB (Rogers, Settings, Help).  This may take a few minutes, so do it when you don't need to watch for the next 6 minutes or so.

P.S. I just started a recording of Allegiance and it allows FF & REW just fine. It also allows for Restart and FF/REW in Restart - for me.

P.P.S.  I can also watch my recording on my computer with Chrome browser and skip ahead and back. I can also restart using my computer and skip ahead and back.

Is Allegiance on CBC? It seems it is only that channel. I will try a system reboot.

Note: I have 3 ignite boxes and it happens on all of them.

dosborne
I've been here awhile

In reference to my post above, my issues so far are with a single channel, a single specific show CBC Ottawa News @@6pm. This started earlier this week. Unable to FF to the weather segment (get a popup alert stating FF is not permitted). This is with the STB. A hard reboot does not resolve it, as I tried that yesterday, yet tonight I was unable to FF again with the episode that recorded at 6pm. I was trying to play it back at about 7:30pm, so not live. This better be a bizarre new bug. If it by design, I will raise quite a stink. This isn't a free service, or a lower end package where I would understand you are forced to have commercials, this is a full, overpriced premium package.FF and other functions work for all the other shows and channels I have tried, but this is the 3rd day this has come up.

CBC recordings to cloud can not fastforward anymore. This has only just recently started have not noticed it for other chanel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Everyone who is having this problem, please post your location and which particular programme(s) you are having issues with.  Also, try a system reset using the Home Connect app or via Rogers - Settings - Help.  Do not simply unplug the STB.

Last night (Thursday) I recorded the Toronto news at 6PM and Coronation Street at 7PM.  I had no issues with FF & REW. I specifically went ahead to the weather which aired at about 15 minutes and 45 minutes into the programme.  I'm located near Yonge & Lawrence in Toronto.  As I stated earlier in this thread, I've also checked out recent recordings for Critch, MarketPlace, Nature of Things and 22 Minutes without issue.

I performed this system reboot and although it look awhile, it seemed to have fixed my problem. Strange how it only affected CBC though. THanks!

These steps given to me, has resolved my same issue: Try do to a system reboot/refresh using the Home Connect app or via the STB (Rogers, Settings, Help).  This may take a few minutes, so do it when you don't need to watch for the next 6 minutes or so.

I didn't do anything, and the problem has now gone away. I can again record CBC and am able to ff or rew my recording.?????

dosborne
I've been here awhile

RESOLVED (?)

Well, first off, I want to clarify further. I have a scheduled recording for CBC Ottawa News. It seems that at least the one day I checked, ONLY the 6pm recording was affected with this "bug" as other times slots for the same show, on the same channel would work fine.

Yesterday, the issue went away and I was able to FF and RWD the 6pm recording so I assume this was something in the head end, and not related to my particular service or STB.

I sure hope this is not a forewarning about the future. I don't like that this "feature" is available at all in the system. If this was a simple mistake, then OK, but I will certainly not pay for channels and be forced into watching commercial (aka youtube).

WJW2
I plan to stick around

Not resolved for me. Rogers Ignite in Ottawa. Shows recorded on 'PVR'. CBC shows, including Allegiance, Wild Cards, and Son of a Critch no longer allow fast forward or reverse. The National does allow it, but recorded from Newsnet, not regular CBC. I restarted the Gateway (12 minutes) and no effect. I rebooted the TV box and also no effect.

If you haven't yet spoken with a tech support agent to troubleshoot and have a ticket escalated for this issue, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

WJW2
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your reply. I ran a test yesterday, recording two new shows from the CBC channel, and the problem did not occur. So, for now I will wait to see if it does happen again, and contact Support at that time.

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 10 in conversation