cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XRA Big Button Voice Remote

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Not sure whether you are aware of this but Comcast recently made a new XRA Large Button Voice Remote available to customers who have accessibility issues with the XR15 remote.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xra

Xfinity_XRA_Remote.png

Are there any plans to make the XRA remote available to Rogers customers?

I have not been able to find this remote available for sale anywhere and for now, it looks like the only way to obtain them is through the Comcast Accessibility Support Centre.

The biggest issue with the Ignite Big Button (Royal) Remote is that it is IR-only... and IR remotes are a royal pain to use with the Ignite set-top boxes.  The Royal remote is also missing Page Up and Page Down buttons, and those buttons are used frequently.  The XRA remote does not suffer from these shortcomings and has a much nicer button layout than the XR11 and the XR15 remotes.

Thanks!

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XRA Big Button Voice Remote

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, this remote is now available from Rogers: https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/how-to-use-large-button-remote-ignite-tv

I was able to get one of these for testing.  It's a very nice alternative to the (IR-only) Big Button Royal remote.  The remote itself is larger, can lie flat on a table, it is easy to clean, and the buttons are easy to press.  It is also an RF remote, so you don't need to point it at the set-top box, and it also supports Voice Commands.

The only real downside is that it does not have A/B/C/D buttons, which means you do not have access to some functions.  Also, the larger size and flat bottom makes it less comfortable to hold than the XR11 and XR15... so this remote is really targeted at those with accessibility issues, not those looking for a better alternative to the XR15.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMoin

Hello, @-G-.

I appreciate your sharing the availability of the new XRA Large Button Voice Remote for Comcast customers; the features are fantastic. At this moment, we cannot comment on the product, which has not been announced yet. Please stay tuned; we will update the Community as the information becomes available.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, this remote is now available from Rogers: https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/how-to-use-large-button-remote-ignite-tv

I was able to get one of these for testing.  It's a very nice alternative to the (IR-only) Big Button Royal remote.  The remote itself is larger, can lie flat on a table, it is easy to clean, and the buttons are easy to press.  It is also an RF remote, so you don't need to point it at the set-top box, and it also supports Voice Commands.

The only real downside is that it does not have A/B/C/D buttons, which means you do not have access to some functions.  Also, the larger size and flat bottom makes it less comfortable to hold than the XR11 and XR15... so this remote is really targeted at those with accessibility issues, not those looking for a better alternative to the XR15.

sl3636
I've been around

My sister and I (both seniors) have just switched from a legacy "whole home" TV to their newer IGNITE TV however I find the controller small and confusing. How/where can I get 2 of these Big Button Voice Controllers?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sl3636 wrote:

My sister and I (both seniors) have just switched from a legacy "whole home" TV to their newer IGNITE TV however I find the controller small and confusing. How/where can I get 2 of these Big Button Voice Controllers?

You need to contact Rogers (either by telephone or chat or by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps ) and request them.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation