cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized Movie Charges

InojalesR
I'm here a lot

I was surprised to see my bill for the month of May 2024 that I have been charged for 2 movies which I did not rent. Eversince I have been a Rogers customer I never rented a movie. I called them they said yes in their system is shows I rented. How can I prove that I did not rent and watch the movie, there’s no way. So this sucks because this is not only me complaining issues abt it so many in the community but Roger’s does not care at all. They should do something fr their end if there is issue in their system. It’s time to move anothee provider.

***Added Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Unauthorized Movie Charges

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you ask nicely, they will usually remove the charges, especially if you are a longer term customer who has never rented. Do you have a PIN in your box to preclude these sorts of rentals?  Is there anyone else in the home who may have rented "by mistake", or some visitors you had around that time?

InojalesR
I'm here a lot
I do not have any idea even how to check movies since I have not done it before and also I do not know about settings like setting up a pin. Just today I set up the pin in case. I only use normally for internet and watching netflix and nobody in my home to use it. I told them just in case it was done by mistake, can you check if the movie was even watched? He was nice to check with the other dept if they are able to check if the movies were were watched or streamed. I waited and wasted 1hr on the call waiting but after they said that they cannot do anything once it was clicked rent. So what if there was a glitch in the system? Because I am confident I did not watch the movie esp the 1 movie that is not my kind of movie so it is impossible. Roger’s really disappointed me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now that you've added a PIN, this should preclude any future charges, if they came from your family or visitors (which you did not confirm or deny).

InojalesR
I'm here a lot
I confirmed that nobody have used it because I don’t get visitors and only 3 people live in our house, which my husband never ever touched that remote for movies since he only watch news, youtube and documentaries and my nephew only watch netflix. Well it’s just sad that Roger’s won’t do anything to investigate despite that so many complaints abt unathorized charges

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@InojalesR wrote: ...my nephew only watch netflix.

Can you be sure?  It's very easy with IgniteTV to use the voice command to search for a movie and then simply order it, even if there is a charge (without necessarily paying attention), if you didn't have a PIN in place at the time.  Now that you have a PIN (I assume it's something secure), you should be safe. 

InojalesR
I'm here a lot
I never used the voice command to search with anything. I used the remote control only to watch netflix, youtube and prime videos. Also I have been with Rogers for a long time and have never ever rented a movie or have been charged a movie before. So it is unlikely that this happened even if Rogers will say that I might have mistakenly clicked it or whatever. It might be possible since we are human but as I have said, chances are slim since I do not go to their movie section for rent. Well, I still feel bad about it, it’s not just about the money, it’s the fact that I cannot accept that Rogers just say well it says in their system that it was ordered. What can I say then? Argue with them just to get high blood pressure. Plus not to mention I waited 1 hour on the line and for them just to say we cannot do anything about it. What a waste of time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@InojalesR wrote: I never used the voice command to search with anything. 

I never said you did, however, I did ask if it was conceivable that someone else in the home, like your nephew, may have ordered the movie(s), perhaps in error.

InojalesR
I'm here a lot
Before calling Rogers, I asked my nephew and he said he did not as he only watch netflix on his laptop. That is when I called Rogers. Even if there was no PIN before and mistakenly click on rent, I do not know what comes next is there is a pop up on the screen like when it expires or somthing. I suppose the movie will start immediately. So just for example if it was clicked mistake, you would know right because the movie will start? So if that happened I guess we will remember. I really don’t know if that was a system glitch or no choice I just have to accept the fact that it’s my fault since Rogers can’t do anything abt it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@InojalesR wrote:
1. I asked my nephew and he said he did not as he only watch netflix on his laptop.
2. Even if there was no PIN before and mistakenly click on rent, I do not know what comes next is there is a pop up on the screen like when it expires or somthing. 

1. As discussed in the other recent similar thread, make sure you set a Parental Control PIN in the IgniteTV app as well as in the box.

2. I believe there is a confirmation, however, it's pretty easy to click to confirm...

Addy7
I've been around
The same thing happened to me for the Month of May. There was a charge for a movie that I never watched and they could not remove it. It’s really weird because I looked at what I was doing the day I and no one was home at the time of purchase.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have a PIN set up for the box and app as suggested in the previous posts?

sengir0
I've been around

Anyone else got an unauthorized on-demand charge of 25$ for May 29? I just received my bill and it shows I bought something on May 29. I spoke with an online chat agent and was told I purchase The Fall Guy movie on May 29 at 11:59pm (I sleep at 10:30pm and I live alone).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sengir0 : As discussed earlier in this thread, to which your post was moved, in order to preclude these charges ensure that you have invoked a PIN on your box(es) and your Rogers IgniteTV Apps.  You can try contacting Rogers to have the charge reversed, but it may not be worth your time and your request may be refused.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation