cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Networks

dmbcanada
I plan to stick around

I just checked my package and it now includes the US Networks (CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS) but when I go to one it says a subscription is required.  I refreshed my Ignite Boxes and nothing.   Is this an error?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: US Networks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmbcanada : The fact that your package now includes the US Networks (Prime Time Pack). Is probably an error on the website. There has been a lot of discussion (several threads) recently regarding the fact that the channel packages changed on November 1 and that there is currently a mess in the channel lineup on the website, although some issues have been recently corrected - like the Flex Channels.

It may take a bit more time for all the issues to be corrected, since this is a pretty major change in Rogers' offering. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmbcanada wrote:

I just checked my package and it now includes the US Networks (CBS, Fox, NBC, PBS) but when I go to one it says a subscription is required.  I refreshed my Ignite Boxes and nothing.   Is this an error?

Which Ignite TV package do you currently subscribe to?

If you subscribed to an Ignite TV bundle after July 7, 2021, either as a new customer or an existing customer switching to an in-market bundle, those bundles will not include the US networks and you will need to subscribe to the Prime Time theme pack to get them, even today.

I don't have any knowledge about TV packages in former Shaw territory.

On November 1, 2023, Rogers introduced new TV packages, some of which do include the US networks... and I believe that Total TV now also includes the US Super Stations.

dmbcanada
I plan to stick around

I have Ignite Flex 20 + Sports since May 2023, all of a sudden they are showing when they didn't before.  They are now available according to the website on the Starter, Popular and Total.  So why don't existing customers get the US Networks?  Should have never been removed.

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Day @dmbcanada!

It was a pleasure speaking with you via PM! 😁 In the event that you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to connect with us again and we'd be more than happy to help!

Regards, 

RogersJo 

dmbcanada
I plan to stick around

So I have the Flex 20 with Sports package, when I signed up I did  not have the US networks (CBS, NBC, FOX,CW) now all of a sudden when I log into myRogers they are listed.  However they do not show up when I watch TV with the exception of this past weekend when I was able to watch them.   Come Monday morning they have disappeared and no longer show up on my guide.   I am so confused as to what channels I am supposed to get or not get anymore.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was conjecture in the following thread that these channels were now "free" to everyone. That conjecture may have been wrong and Rogers simply made a mistake by providing the channels to people who shouldn't actually be receiving them according to their bundle.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Flex-20-American-channels-now/m-p/520178

What did @RogersJo say to you on November 11? (post above yours)

dmbcanada
I plan to stick around

My package is actually a grandfathered package so in comparison to the new packages, the lineups would differ.  Just confusing that the channels show up and then are gone, also feel that everyone should be on same package if they create new ones.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmbcanada wrote:

...everyone should be on same package if they create new ones.

A lot of people on grandfathered packages would hate that.

dmbcanada
I plan to stick around
Well here we go again, US networks are appearing this afternoon in the guide.
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation