cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite Remote no longer defaults to HDMI 1

DonF12
I've been around

My LG Smart TV recently did an upgrade and now my Rogers Ignite remote no longer defaults to HDMI 1 (the TV input) when I turn on the TV with the Rogers Ignite remote.  For some reason it defaults to streaming services. I have to manually select HDMI 1 with the TV remote (not the Rogers remote) and then everything works fine. Not a deal breaker, but kind of inconvenient.  Is there an easy fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rogers Ignite Remote no longer defaults to HDMI 1

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

The ignite remote  is not a smart remote, it does not select the input when you turn it on. It simply turns on the TV and whatever input the TV was on prior is used.

Check your LG TV settings to ensure that HDMI1 is the default for the power on settings and/or that HDMI1 was the last input used when your shut it off.

Good Luck.

Bill

Re: Rogers Ignite Remote no longer defaults to HDMI 1

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I second what Biollw said. Try turning on your TV with the LG factory remote, does it still go to streaming services instead of HDM1? if so, its nothing to do width Rogers. Likely a default setting in your TV was changed with the software update and you need to set it back. no biggie, just go thru the menus and look for it or call the TV manufacturer for some help/support.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation