cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings

Michael1962
I've been around

As we would like to record one program at a certain time each day, ignite actually records every one of these in all time zones. Therefore, we will have multiple recordings of the same program. This takes up recorded space daily. Changes need to be made to be able to select the time slot for each recording…and this recording only…or multiple recordings for a specific time slot only. 

***Edited Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Recordings

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Totally agree, it's a major issue for shows that don't have episode information (Season/Episode number, Ex: Breakfast Television) and shows that are marked has "Airdate: [month]/[day]" since those marking are treated has "New" it literally record everytime a show air no matter the channel and if it's a repeat or not even if we specify "New" in the recording settings. Wish we could force recording on a specific channel only.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

....Ex: Breakfast Television.... Wish we could force recording on a specific channel only.

You can. When you go to set your series recording, under "Channels" select the option for a specific channel. For example, I went to record the series of BT on City (Channel 7) and could select CITYT, instead of HD or SD. This option is available for most series, but not all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Michael1962 wrote:

As we would like to record one program at a certain time each day, ...Changes need to be made to be able to select the time slot for each recording...

There was a detailed discussion of this topic beginning with the following link.  After a huge amount of effort by me and the mods on this forum we found out that unfortunately, the option is not functional for a "timeslot" recording, even though the option appears in the app/web interface.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Issues-with-shows-recording-more-then-once/m-p/49685...  If interested, see the linked post and the many posts that follow.

My guess is that there is not enough interest in the US for this option for Comcast to implement it.  When I did a search on the topic, as discussed in the linked thread above, there were almost no complaints about this topic in the US, even fewer than in Canada.  The workaround that I use is to set single recordings instead of series. This doesn't take too long using the FF key in the guide and hitting the red record button.  This helps me to retain my sanity and is less painful than hitting my head against this wall repeatedly. 

There is one other option and that is to set the number of recordings you wish to keep at a small number. (The Keep option).

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Americans make plenty of complaints, but Comcast just lies and says that the features desired are not popular enough to implement or repair.

I think these are simply programming errors that initially went unnoticed, and Comcast refuses to spend the money to hire back the original programmers to attempt to find the bugs, and instead finds cheaper programmers (destined to fail), or perhaps simply uses the in-house programmers (Larry, Curly and Moe) and then they all give up.

You can see a similar thing at work with the American Express credit card fiasco.

Rogers uses the "This time only" program code from IgniteTV, changes it to "This credit card only" but instead of accepting the new card numbers, they all fail and the user might also get charged multiple times by different companies. So the solution might also be to avoid auto-pay (losing the $5 savings), and simply manually pay each time with a different credit card.

Sincerely,
The Three Stooges

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I just found an other issue, since yesterday, E! Canada have change there schedule, but it's not fully up to date, Ex: TMZ is mark both at 5:30 and 6:30, but the 6:30 is real new time slot, but Ignite record the 5:30 time because it's the first it see, the 5:30 time air the second half of TMZ Live, so until it fixed, I have to manually set recording to the 6:30 time shot.

Also the schedule for GSN (Game Show Network) don't have any episode information this week, it usually update on Sathurday evening or Sundays, but this week it didn't, so every show I watch on this channel all get recorded and I have to manually with GSN's website or Zap2It to check if it's new to me to an episode that I already watched, since all recording is marked has "Airdate: [month]/[day]".

I know, this is mostly an issue from the schedule provider and not Rogers fault, but if possible can Rogers inform the schedule provider, or is there a way we can contact them our self?

Hello, @ReneHache.

I appreciate you being our Community member; thank you for your participation. Has the guide listing been corrected yet? If not, we can help submit a ticket to update the schedule for you. Kindly drop us a line in our private messaging box, @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I just check this morning and schedule for E! Canada seen to have been fixed, my recording for this channel look correct. And GSN's schedule have been updated until Wednesday, GSN always get updated at the last minute, it's been doing that for a long time.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 in conversation