cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite Remote

abcweir
I've Been Around

I just got Ignite installed in my home. The Rogers box (TX061AEI) is connected to my Samsung UN50NUthrough a Denon AVR 5750 receiver.

When I try to switch to verbal commands on the Remote, it more often than not will not work, unless it is pointed away from the Television/Receiver. The Remote gives a flat chime, and there is not any message displayed.

Any suggestions?

***Added Labels***

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Problems with Ignite Remote

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Trying to resetup a remote. When it asks if I want to setup an audio receiver I say yes, it then presents me with an input field and a list of 'A' brands. When I input a D in the input field it says "Loading more brands". 

It never comes up with a list of D brand of receivers, it just sits there.

Am I not waiting long enough for the list or is it stuck? 

Thnx

Bill

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

Trying to resetup a remote. When it asks if I want to setup an audio receiver I say yes, it then presents me with an input field and a list of 'A' brands. When I input a D in the input field it says "Loading more brands". 

It never comes up with a list of D brand of receivers, it just sits there.

Am I not waiting long enough for the list or is it stuck? 

Thnx

Bill

I think you (slightly) misread what was on the screen.  When you input a "D" while selecting a receiver brand, it displays Denon, and below that it says "Load more brands..."

You need to arrow down and select "Load more brands..." before the full list will load.

You can also enter more letters (or the full name of the brand, not just the first letter) and then select your Receiver brand from the list below.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ahh got ya. I was expecting it to load more brands as I entered the letters.

RogerM
I've Been Around

How do you get to page asking for AV receiver brand ?

I only get TV brand question.

Thanks,

Roger

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogerM wrote:

How do you get to page asking for AV receiver brand ?

I only get TV brand question.

Welcome to the Community!

Completing the Ignite remote setup should be a 2-stage process:  First, you are asked, "Do you want to use your remote to control your TV power and volume?"; answer "Yes" and follow the on-screen prompts.  Next, you should be asked, "If you have an audio receiver, do you want to control it with your remote?"; answer "Yes" and follow tine on-screen prompts.

To redo the remote setup, press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help page, then select "Remote Setup"