cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem viewing IgniteTV recordings

OldFatUgly
I plan to stick around

I have both the WiFi and Ignite apps on my phone ... connected properly as best I can tell (and I’m fairly computer literate) ... yet I cant find any if my PVR recordings etc available to me. I get a blank screen and/or try again message.

How do I get this app to see my cloud recordings etc so I can have access to them from my phone?

***Added Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Problem viewing IgniteTV recordings

RogersMoin

Hello, 

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Seeing just the blank screen for recordings indicates something is blocking them. 

Please check the Protected Browsing setting on the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub app. The setting found under the Network tab. If it is On, please toggle it off and then try accessing the recordings again on Ignite TV app.

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

OldFatUgly
I plan to stick around

It was off when I checked it after reading this ... so I turned it ON to toggle it OFF again.

As well, after writing this yesterday I called tech support and he had me delete the app and load a new one.

Now I cant get past the Get Started button (Msg says @something went wrong ....unexpected happened ... try again. OK)

Fyi- I’ve reloaded the app many times now, rebooted the phone several times and even restored from backup twice also.

Tech support is looking into it and will call/text me if they figure it out but I’m open to any suggestion of an Iphone 11 setting etc.

Thanks.

Hello, @OldFatUgly.

I appreciate toggling the Protected Browsing feature on/off and reinstalling the app. 

The issue could be related to the Ignite TV account association with your MyRogers profile. Once it's fixed, you shall be notified as Tech support suggested. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

OldFatUgly
I plan to stick around

Spent over two hours on this today with Rogers tech after they sent me a text and now the best idea is to factory reset my iPhone.

Not a happy camper.

OldFatUgly
I plan to stick around

iPhone factory reset worked. I have Ignite working now.

LM10
I've been here awhile

*** NOT APP related problem *** Computer and browser ***

I'm currently not able to see my recordings in the "cloud pvr" from a computer, everything works fine from the set up boxes. 

I've tried to clear my cookies/temp file from browser, doesn't help.

Tested from chrome and firefox same issue.  Also tested another computer, all were tested from home network; same problem.

The error displayed is : "Sorry, we're having some trouble.  We're working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue and will have everything back up and running shortly."

Problem last for almost 2 weeks, maybe more.

Viewing Live TV works fine, and from a mobile device also works.

Thanks for any tips or info !

OldFatUgly
I plan to stick around

FYI to the moderators herein … the last case number I had for this was C153052495 … so please close it with the note that the factory reset of the phone worked … and ask the Rogers-Exec-Incharge to give support lady Debbie that worked with me for two hours last night a raise (or at least a couple "atta girl's') for her tireless efforts and support on this issue.

Atta-Girl Debbie !!!  Thanks.

LM10
I've been here awhile

Mine is not the same problem at all ... my problem are computer related, NOT mobile APP related ...

Hello,

@OldFatUgly - Thanks for updating the Community. 👍 I'm glad the factory resetting your phone resolved your problem. I've updated your ticket, and it shall be closed. 

@LM10 - Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Since you can see recordings on your mobile device, not on your browser suggest some component is getting blocked. It could be related to some add-on. Have you tried accessing the recordings in an incognito window?

@-G-, any ideas on this? 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin wrote:

@LM10 - Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Since you can see recordings on your mobile device, not on your browser suggest some component is getting blocked. It could be related to some add-on. Have you tried accessing the recordings in an incognito window?

@-G-, any ideas on this? 

It could be any of a number of things.  Unfortunately, playback failed without providing much useful information.

First things first; make sure that Flash is working and that you can play the following video: http://wwwns.akamai.com/hdnetwork/demo/flash/default.html

If that doesn't work, the following support article may be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If Flash video playback is working, the next thing to check is the browser configuration.  The Ignite TV web app is fairly complex and involves multiple sites working together in tandem.

In a previous post, you mentioned that you cleared the cookies and cache on your browser?  Did you clear the browser's other private data?  I don't think that Ignite stores anything in Flash Player storage but you should try clearing that as well.

The problem might also be caused by an aggressive content blocker or privacy-related extension, so try disabling extensions.  You also need to ensure that you are not blocking 3rd-party cookies.  Once you get the site working again, you can then selectively enable extensions and configure whitelists security/privacy/content blocker extensions.

If you still can't play recordings through the web app, you can use the browser's Developer Tools to Inspect the web application to see what might be going on.  You don't need to debug the JavaScript; just look at the Console for any errors related to content not loading or network connections failing.

LM10
I've been here awhile

It doesn't support incognito mode, at least in chrome...

Nice though on add-on, didn't tested that !  Instead used a new computer account (new windows profile) to be sure no add-on get in the path, same results, can't see the recordings listing.

Firefox is is completely add-on less, I did installed it only to test, same problem...

Did a full network, Ignite box restart, nothing helped 😞 

Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LM10 wrote:

It doesn't support incognito mode, at least in chrome...

Nice though on add-on, didn't tested that !  Instead used a new computer account (new windows profile) to be sure no add-on get in the path, same results, can't see the recordings listing.

Firefox is is completely add-on less, I did installed it only to test, same problem...

Did a full network, Ignite box restart, nothing helped 😞 

Thanks

Let's try going about this a different way.  When you log into https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ is there any part that does work?  Are you able to watch live broadcasts?

In Chrome, you can also try using Ignite TV site as a Guest or with an alternate user profile.  The main thing is to try accessing the site with default settings and no extensions.

It might also be a permissions issue in the back-end.  I admit that it's a longshot but you can try to reset things by logging into MyRogers, then go into "TV" and click "Refresh your Ignite TV Box(es)"

I'm grasping at straws.  If the mobile app works, it shouldn't be an issue with your Rogers login.  Likewise, with the Ignite TV web site, usually the hardest part is logging into the site.  Once you are in, things should just work.

LM10
I've been here awhile

** Web browser problem to view the recorded listing.

The error displayed is:
"Sorry, we're having some trouble. We're working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue and will have everything back up and running shortly."

Fixing attempts
  I've tried to clear my cookies/temp file from browser
  Restarted Rogers Hub
  Chrome
  Tested a guest profile in Chrome to eleminate the addon possibility
  Firefox (completely addon less)
  Tested from a new Windows profile
  Test a downgraded Chrome to version 75 (minimum requirement)
  Tested from a different computer
  Tested the suggested link (http://wwwns.akamai.com/hdnetwork/demo/flash/default.html) - Flash worked well
  Called someone I know who has IgniteTV, he does have the same problem that doesn't list his recorded shows

What's working
  Login works fine
  Viewing recent recordings
  Live TV
  Works well from a mobile device

Greetings @LM10!

It sounds like we've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps available to us based on your list here. It's time that we explore the possibility that this is a server-side issue. 

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can gather your account information and continue. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

DavidG054
I've been around
I’m having a hard time watching my recordings usually just sports (baseball hockey) on my tablet or phone. It show that it wasn’t recorded and when I go to the TV it’s recorded

Hey @DavidG054!

We hope you are doing well! Thanks for sharing your concerns with the rest of the Community, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. 🙂

Just a few clarifications, if you don't mind:

- When trying to access the mentioned recordings, is this AFTER the recordings have finished or while the program is still being recorded? It's important to wait until the recording is complete before trying to access it via the Ignite TV app or it may not work.

- Are you trying to access these recordings while at home on the Rogers network or while outside of your home and not on your Rogers home network? 

If any other Rogers customers are or have experienced the same issue and would like to chime in, we'd love to hear from you!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 in conversation