cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issues with casting ignite tv.

jjwp
I've been here awhile

I am trying to cast to smart tv from Rogers ignite tv app running on IPAD.  Performance on IPAD is

very good, no streaming issues/slowdown. However,when I cast to Smart TV it is very choppy, many delays and not worth watching.  The only reason I am trying to cast is Rogers does not have an APP that runs in my Sony android tv. The Bell vibe app works great on this TV.  The internet speed is 30Mbps in rural area.

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Performance issues with casting ignite tv.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Casting from the Ignite TV app on iPhone to Apple TV (or to any other AirPlay-enabled TVs/devices) works fine for me.  However, I do not have any Chromecast devices to test with.

Have you tried casting to your TV from any other app?

jjwp
I've been here awhile

Just tested YouTube and works with no problem. 

Tip12
I've been here awhile

At summer home. Having the same/similar issue. Using the ignite TV app on iPhone and the Program says casting to the TV but just hangs there (3 moving dots in the middle). I can use the apps (those I log into with Rogers) that I’ve installed in Chromecast but I cannot cast from the Rogers TV guide/menu. Have updated Chromecast and Ignite, Deleted and reinstalled Chromecast and all apps etc are on the same wifi network. Firmware is up-to-date. Noticed this issue in summer 2023 and it did not resolve. Feel I am paying for a Rogers service that I cannot use - dropped my Bell satelite tv when I switched to Ignite - not a happy customer.

jjwp
I've been here awhile

Yes, that is what I am experiencing.  Not sure if the issue is how Rogers has implemented casting and it requires a much higher internet speed than other apps.  It appears to work for me at another location that has much higher internet speeds versus the 25 that I have my rural location.  Very disappointing that Rogers has not implemented a Smart/TV app like Bell. When I escalated this earlier with Rogers, they said "it is coming", but to use casting instead but that does not work! Not sure if anyone in community can help getting this escalated within Rogers.

Tip12
I've been here awhile

Frustrating for sure. We had no issues casting in summer of 2022! On our 2nd TV we have a Roku and Air Play works normally with the Ignite App.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation